Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It’s key to progress mate, we got by last year with a mean defensive record, it wall papered over the cracks of our inability to score and got us results.

If we went behind, we knew the best we could do was probably a draw. If we went 1 up we knew we had to hold as we were unlikely to score more.

We need to build on more than the 40 goals we got last season. It’s a massive deficiency and prob only good management saw us through.

Agreed mate, we've now added Lindstrom and Ndiaye, both decent scoring records in the past, and clearly are still after another winger/forward option, the link to Roque seems to hd e come out the blue with a good source attached, track record of those us they tend to be the ones we get over the line as well.

Interesting if we put a second (or third depending on the source) bid in for him now

It’s key to progress mate, we got by last year with a mean defensive record, it wall papered over the cracks of our inability to score and got us results.

If we went behind, we knew the best we could do was probably a draw. If we went 1 up we knew we had to hold as we were unlikely to score more.

We need to build on more than the 40 goals we got last season. It’s a massive deficiency and prob only good management saw us through.

Everything front loaded to the attacking positions in my opinion as a priority.

I'll also add, we may for the first time since Carlo have some genuine creativity back in the side, if he stays which I think he will do now, be interesting to see the season DCL has, Carlo basically played over half the season every bit as defensively as Dyche does as well.

But we could see DCL get a similar return which changes our season dramatically

That ship has already sailed.

Football is all about money.
Football is only about money if you let it be about money.

For many of our fans, football is about enjoying a few hours with your mates at the weekend

For some people football is about watching Marine or Southport....tell me that's about money?

What about the non league footballer, or even the likes of West Cheshire or Sunday league lads? Lads who play in the league of Wales? Do they work all week train twice a week at about 9pm on a Tuesday & Thursday and then travel all over the region at the weekend for the money?

YOUR football world is about money....not mine.

Yeah I could list positions I’d like strengthened but if all we can do is one decent quality midfielder it wouldn’t be the end of the world. One extra CM gives you a bit of flexibility- you can move Garner to RB in an pinch, and you have flexible options for CM, AM and the wide positions between the players we’ve brought in. Certainly if we can only do one more signing it has to be the one.
Yeah think it'll be a Phillips + Dele re-signing and us hoping we can use the likes of Garner and Doucoure as utility men. I think we're in desperate need for quality full backs but we're clearly not getting any, so it'll be the 4 we have I'd say.

At the end of the day we'll get a loan midfielder and probably a loan winger at least, at that point we'd have at least 2 players for every position with Keane coming in at CB being the only outright terrible option, obviously the rest aren't good, but it's OK depth, or at least better than we're used to.

To be honest i have not seen him play.
I don't think 95% of this forum have mate.
The ones that have mainly say he's strong and athletic but possibly lacking technically.
The ones that have usually give a fair assessment of him, flaws and all.
The ones that haven't want him in the first team

For many of our fans, football is about enjoying a few hours with your mates at the weekend

For some people football is about watching Marine or Southport....tell me that's about money?

What about the non league footballer, or even the likes of West Cheshire or Sunday league lads? Lads who play in the league of Wales? Do they work all week train twice a week at about 9pm on a Tuesday & Thursday and then travel all over the region at the weekend for the money?

Top flight football is definitely all about money. From tickets to replica shirts to overpriced pies. Points deductions, transfer rumours and salary expectations. Players overtly advertising wealth on social media and paparazzi blasting pictures of WAG's all over the place. Occasionally a ball is kicked.

Lower league stuff still retains much of it's soul but the epl sold out a long time ago.

Top flight football is definitely all about money. From tickets to replica shirts to overpriced pies. Points deductions, transfer rumours and salary expectations. Players overtly advertising wealth on social media and paparazzi blasting pictures of WAG's all over the place. Occasionally a ball is kicked.

Lower league stuff still retains much of it's soul but the epl sold out a long time ago.
But there are so many other faucets to football that aren't, its what you chose to consume that makes it like that.

But there are so many other faucets to football that aren't, its what you chose to consume that makes it like that.
I'm really sorry, mate, because I know it's poor firm to latch onto someone's typo in a post, but I couldn't help chuckling at the (presumably) predictive text error of 'faucets' instead if 'facets'. Sorta tapographical error, I think. 🙃🚰

…….jumpers for goalposts.
The top leagues are money oriented.
The PL is a product to be pimped the world over and the fans are unpaid extras to be mugged off at every opportunity.
And we accept it because like every other addict we think we are in control.
Opiate of the masses indeed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.