Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I'm just saying, all summer people have been demanding a RB, when it was always clear we gave Coleman and Young new contracts for that reason.

8m could have gone towards a new signing, instead we have kicked the can down the road for 12 months.
Young covers a few positions so we only really gave Seamus a new contract at RB. Having sold Godfrey and apparently not keen on patto, surely we will be in for another to cover?!?!?

Agreed, which is why, imo, given what we have, and if necessary, we should be looking to use him sparingly, as a substitute, when we might need something different. I don't see the situation changing, and probably best all round if he goes back out on loan.
Yeh, he is the one most see leaving out of our current squad - he still has some pedigree but is surplus to our needs.

Maupay is not an awful footballer, he is an awful fit for our "style" of play.

He is a premier league (lower level no doubt) footballer, that is fact. If we adapted out style to suit he would certainly score goals but that will not happen.
I doubt there is any team out there who’d adapt their style to suit the mighty Neil Maupay. My biggest issue was when he did play he missed some absolute sitters.. and you can’t blame that on a system.

Launch him to space. Please. 🚀

Maupay is not an awful footballer, he is an awful fit for our "style" of play.

He is a premier league (lower level no doubt) footballer, that is fact. If we adapted out style to suit he would certainly score goals but that will not happen.
He wasn't good enough for one of the worst premier league teams, Brentford, otherwise they would have kept him. He's crap and Dycheball just accentuates his crappiness.

I'm just saying, all summer people have been demanding a RB, when it was always clear we gave Coleman and Young new contracts for that reason.

8m could have gone towards a new signing, instead we have kicked the can down the road for 12 months.
Agreed because Dyche values "experience" over legs in that position , I think renewing one was fine but both was negligence. It's going to cost us big time at some point.

….if he doesn’t play them, it’s because he thinks they’re currently not good enough.
Aye wasn't a criticism as such just making a point neither are the answer currently. Both have promise but need a loan. We need full back cover for me we have two injury prone right backs and a 39 year old covering right and left. Myko is the only out and out left back.

Agreed because Dyche values "experience" over legs in that position , I think renewing one was fine but both was negligence. It's going to cost us big time at some point.
He renewed Coleman for right back and Young for back up left back.
Its not rocket science.

We wont sign a right back unless Patterson leaves

Dixon will go out on loan. Mills probably loan in January

….probably. I’d actually like Dixon to stay because he might get a chance, especially if another RB isn’t brought in. Saying that, i have no issue if he goes on loan as its an opportunity for the club to assess him.

I think Mills is a bit different. I like him lots but his contract expires next summer & at 21 I’m not convinced he’ll be offered a new one.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.