Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I thought he started off OK here but he didn't get the goals and the pressure built up and instead of relishing it he shrunk from it and started to look worse by the week thats just how it goes with some players this is still a big club at least in terms of fans expectations and being under the microscope and he just wasn't cut out for it imo but he's not as bad as people say he is not even close.

He played as a center forward and we were kicking the ball to the head of a 5'8" man. He didn't fit, even with Lampard.

On the other hand, he was pretty terrible with the ball at his feet and when he found it at his feet in the box, he often rushed and couldn't finish.

He's just not good enough to be the primary option in the PL. It's why Brighton sold, even though they play the style that suits him best.

He played as a center forward and we were kicking the ball to the head of a 5'8" man. He didn't fit, even with Lampard.

On the other hand, he was pretty terrible with the ball at his feet and when he found it at his feet in the box, he often rushed and couldn't finish.

He's just not good enough to be the primary option in the PL. It's why Brighton sold, even though they play the style that suits him best.
He's not an amazing finisher but his performances when he first came here were OK and then got worse like I said my opinion is that he struggled with the pressure at a big club not everybody is suited to it. I think the style thing is a bit of a red herring it wasn't ideal for him but he is a better player than he showed here regardless of that. He's an OK striker in the premier league and a good one in the championship but in the second half of that season here he looked like a total chump and he's better than that.

Every season we start the first few games with a 'having so and so as the only players for X position is negligence etc'

This year, our only 'fit' right backs are Coleman and Young.

Not acceptable.

You must be watching Marine and Southport a lot more than Everton then.

If you are following any Premiership team, then it's about money.
We got points deducted last season because of money, as did Forest.
City have dominated the league because of money, the top clubs all are the ones generating most money.

City may now be in huge trouble because of money.

If Everton is to ever be a successful club again it will require pots of money, in fact just staying in the premiership requires multi millions.

Football at a high level is all about money.

Again, as i said, it all depends on how & what you consume.

4 mates watching Everton in a pub enjoying a drink and laugh, is that about money? (obviously barring the obvious of a round of drinks for those 4 people equating to about £30 these days)

A dad taking his lad to his first Everton away game, is that about money?

Some old fella turning up to his 1000th Vauxhall Motors game, is that about money?

Its all subjective, even in a league consumed with money, its about how YOU choose to consume it. Don't be part of the problem

He's not an amazing finisher but his performances when he first came here were OK and then got worse like I said my opinion is that he struggled with the pressure at a big club not everybody is suited to it. I think the style thing is a bit of a red herring it wasn't ideal for him but he is a better player than he showed here regardless of that. He's an OK striker in the premier league and a good one in the championship but in the second half of that season here he looked like a total chump and he's better than that.

boosting Maupay is not a popular thing around here but I agree with this.

He was beyond awful but was not done any favors with the style he was asked to play, and was treated poorly by some fans.

If we can’t find a club for him I would like to see him redeem himself with a couple of well timed goals. It’s possible he could be effective in spots, picking up the scraps from a big target man whether Dom or Beto.

But also would rather play Ndaiye so there’s that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back