Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I'm surprised Brentford don't want him back. His goals return wasn't too bad and they've lost their main CF until new year and Toney will probably leave this window.

Guessing the fee wanted is too high and they'll wait until last day of window and try to sign him for knock down amount here.

Just one of those players who isn't going to work out here.
We don’t play to his strengths that’s for sure but he also missed some really good opportunities to score while he was playing. He should have scored in the Derby where Coady had a goal disallowed. Also should have scored against Fulham first game of the Season I think it was. He could have easily had 5 or 6 goals with the chances he missed. His one goal he got against West Ham was a nice goal to hopefully someone comes in for him he’s not a bad player just not what we need.

We don’t play to his strengths that’s for sure but he also missed some really good opportunities to score while he was playing. He should have scored in the Derby where Coady had a goal disallowed. Also should have scored against Fulham first game of the Season I think it was. He could have easily had 5 or 6 goals with the chances he missed. His one goal he got against West Ham was a nice goal to hopefully someone comes in for him he’s not a bad player just not what we need.
I thought he started off OK here but he didn't get the goals and the pressure built up and instead of relishing it he shrunk from it and started to look worse by the week thats just how it goes with some players this is still a big club at least in terms of fans expectations and being under the microscope and he just wasn't cut out for it imo but he's not as bad as people say he is not even close.

Maupay is what he is, a backup striker or a second striker in a 2 who'll get a team that plays to his strengths about 7-8 goals a season.

But he 100% doesn't suit how we play and we don't alter how we play to suit individual players (weakness of Dyche being pretty inflexible)

It's why the shouts of we will be stuck with him are silly, he's a good option for 5-6 prem teams and about 15-16 championship ones.
Agree no point even considering keeping him unless we absolutely can't get shot(let's not get into his ridiculous antics like cheering when Brighton scored against us last season or his trolling on twitter) but a club will take him either here or abroad. Should be a few million or a loan.

Since Phillips fee at least according to that post isn't sensible we should try to take one of the excess 15 midfielders Chelsea has sitting in the parking lot of the training ground ,staring at their phone and smoking a cigarette, on loan
I really wish we didn't have to deal with ANY of the Scab 6 and their ilk but Chelsea....man what a dumpster fire they are right now.

@ToffeeScot's point is Maupay has performed to a level much above what we saw at every other club;

Championship
43 Appearances - 25 Goals

Prem
37 Appearances - 10 Goals
33 Appearances - 8 Goals
32 Appearances - 8 Goals
Everton: 29 Appearances - 1 Goal
29 Appearances - 6 goals

^ League goals - he scored a couple more in the cup last season too.

For Brentford last season - he averaged 1 goal every 190 minutes. Better than anyone we had. Better conversion than anyone we had too. Compare that to Calvert-Lewin - 1 goal every 329 and Doucoure 1 goal every 391;

1718016224041.png

1718016239945.png
Maybe we should try playing him and not expecting him to be a target man

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back