Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Absolutely mate. Said all this before he signed too. Never, ever the player to play upfront on their tod. We did the same to Gray and Gordon.

Needs selling but if not, not a bad player to bring on if chasing a game because we'd then have the numbers upfront he needs.

Nah mate, some players just don't suit a team, even when we are chasing a game we don't alter the way we play that much.

Maupay is like a poor man's AJ for me - a player who also would t have suited Dyche at all either.

Maupay is what he is, a backup striker or a second striker in a 2 who'll get a team that plays to his strengths about 7-8 goals a season.

But he 100% doesn't suit how we play and we don't alter how we play to suit individual players (weakness of Dyche being pretty inflexible)

It's why the shouts of we will be stuck with him are silly, he's a good option for 5-6 prem teams and about 15-16 championship ones.
why im quite fearful of rushing Dom out the door,

very few strikers can do what we ask of them, you might be a decent striker, but if you cant single-handedly hold up play, you might fail at everton, under dyche especially

Maupay is what he is, a backup striker or a second striker in a 2 who'll get a team that plays to his strengths about 7-8 goals a season.

But he 100% doesn't suit how we play and we don't alter how we play to suit individual players (weakness of Dyche being pretty inflexible)

It's why the shouts of we will be stuck with him are silly, he's a good option for 5-6 prem teams and about 15-16 championship ones.

Maupay will think himself a PL striker. The reality of not playing games though and potentially no offers in for him may well yet see him join a championship club late in the window. There’ll be teams in the championship who would absolutely jump at Maupay Keane Holgate. It’s just a question of whether the players are ready to leave.

Losing the most prolific goal scorer of goals in our squad based on last season would be risky, at this stage....

Across last season, Maupay;

1 goal every 190 minutes
0.47 goal every 90.
67% shot accuracy.
30% goal conversion

We didn't have a single player do any better on any of those metrics.

I'm off to visit Leeds now, but I'll leave you to mull over with @MikeH72

Hes actually not as bad as most make out, if you watch him his movement is quite good and hes great at dragging defender out of position and being a decoy, hes useless for us as we struggle to get ball into feet in the box where he is dangerous or at breaking with pace when hes on the shoulder of the last man- that a problem for all our strikers Beto particularly, Dom not really as hes not great with his feet anyway.

Lampard had notions of being a possession based team - now hes a bad fit.

Losing the most prolific goal scorer of goals in our squad based on last season would be risky, at this stage....

Across last season, Maupay;

1 goal every 190 minutes
0.47 goal every 90.
67% shot accuracy.
30% goal conversion

We didn't have a single player do any better on any of those metrics.

I'm off to visit Leeds now, but I'll leave you to mull over with @MikeH72

Good luck to him in France.

Well he’s still here and there’s been ZERO interest so it’s not really silly is it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back