Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Does our scouting network exist?

I can only imagine a bloke in his 70's, turning up to games, wearing a flat cap, smoking a woodbine and have a hacking cough

He watches 20 mins of the game. Gets the bus to the next game, rinse and repeat.

Turns up Monday morning for his weekly scouting report with dyche and asked if he saw any talent replies the lad from sandbach utd looks quick but not sure if he is switched on all the time. Maybe next week Sean old lad.
Those scouts know more about the game than some meff sat there logging everything on his IPAD.

I can only imagine a bloke in his 70's, turning up to games, wearing a flat cap, smoking a woodbine and have a hacking cough

He watches 20 mins of the game. Gets the bus to the next game, rinse and repeat.

Turns up Monday morning for his weekly scouting report with dyche and asked if he saw any talent replies the lad from sandbach utd looks quick but not sure if he is switched on all the time. Maybe next week Sean old lad.
You missed the whippet off :)

He was spot on about the lad from Carlisle being decent though to be fair.

Weird how they turned up Onana Branthwaite Ireogbunam Lindstrom Ndiaye Mykolenko Chermiti isn’t it? It’s almost as though there is a scouting network….

And there is a very very long list of players bought that were awful

Yeah it’s just weird how a bloke who spends 10 mins in fields up and down the uk and may or may not have a whippet somehow managed to scout lads playing in Ukraine Italy Portugal France etc.

All teams make poor signings. Our recruitment was very poor for a long time, not helped by horrendous injuries and changing manager every season. It’s got better recently though which probably shows the scouting network is working better.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back