Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

My fear is Dom goes and we bring in someone really pony. We should have moved him earlier if we were replacing also that new forward has to bed in.
We tried to but depending what you believe either his wages put Newcastle off or Wilson got injured, who Dom was to replace while we got Minteh, who subsequently went to Brighton

Problem we will have is very little money and just the dregs of the window left

True , however as the season progresses the question will be asked, with the money that we did spend, did we properly address any of the issues from the previous year.

I look at that squad, I don’t see a lot of goals for a start. Hope I’m wrong of course, can’t be doing with yet another “are we safe yet” season.

True , however as the season progresses the question will be asked, with the money that we did spend, did we properly address any of the issues from the previous year.

I look at that squad, I don’t see a lot of goals for a start. Hope I’m wrong of course, can’t be doing with yet another “are we safe yet” season.
Also if Dom is off why play him in every preseason game for 70 odd minutes? Beto needed minutes

Also if Dom is off why play him in every preseason game for 70 odd minutes? Beto needed minutes

No idea mate. There is a lot of talk about what’s going on without much substance. We don’t know the conversations that have been had between DCL and the club for example . Best just taking a wait and see approach.

If there are to be no more incomings then I think we are again quite short in terms of squad.

A proper takeover with competent people needs to happen as soon as possible because this club needs to change . It’s irritating and boring to support at the moment imo. It’s only the new stadium that gives me any enthusiasm .

If thats it - O'Brien strikes me as a bit of a weird decision in terms of a priority position for a big fee, the supporting two may not be elite quality but we had four centre half's did we really need a fifth as a priority.

We are more light in other positions in my opinion.

Nothing against Jake, but i just found it weird we spend a big sum on that position

Considering our manager is defence first I don’t see o’brien as a weird choice for a big fee… he is preparing to be hard to beat and score off corners

I reckon Dyche and Thelwall are playing hardball with DCL because they know he’s not good enough to play for a Club any bigger than Everton. They basically trust their judgement that he won’t get a better offer elsewhere because he’s nowhere good enough for a top team.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back