Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Considering our manager is defence first I don’t see o’brien as a weird choice for a big fee… he is preparing to be hard to beat and score off corners
Plus could have 3 cb leave the club next season holgate keane and Branthwaite makes sense to me to bring one in.

Considering our manager is defence first I don’t see o’brien as a weird choice for a big fee… he is preparing to be hard to beat and score off corners
O Brien clearly bought with the intention of selling JB next season. Probably shrewd business if O Brien had a good season at Lyon again.

I'd be very surprised if the DCL situation isn't resolved by the end of August. My money is on him signing a deal in the next 10 days if not we will be in the market.

Name the last cb who made it though the academy please.

I meant an u21 signing, not from the u21s.

Yep. And they're supposedly trying to move them on. Doesn't suggest prudent financial management under Textor - but that's for another thread.

Thats really bizarre. Did they both flop?

The issues we had at the end of last season still remain, we have done nothing to sort them out whatsoever. The signings made don't fix our RB issue (we are still lacking there) and we still have a serious lack of goals in the team (Ndiaye and Lindstrom might move the ball a bit quicker but neither is what you would class as a goalscorer)

No goals
No rapid pace
No right back
No excitement

Would have wanted a buy option.

Adios

The funny thing is as you probably all know we have a salary cap and severe financial restrictions in Spain.

Several clubs have had problems registering players.

Real Betis couldn't register Ricardo Rodriguez first-hand.

Thats not the "funny thing".

The funny thing is France didnt have a tv deal & some Spanish sides have salary cap issues.

Weve paid £34mil (?) for O'Brien and Ndiaye who (imo and i may be wrong) arent taking us up a level.

My fear is Dom goes and we bring in someone really pony. We should have moved him earlier if we were replacing also that new forward has to bed in.

Weve got 4 forwards...really must sell.

Next summer we'll only have Chermiti and Beto and no cash from DCL/Maupay.

Problem we will have is very little money and just the dregs of the window left

Some of our best deals are at the end of the window.

Also if Dom is off why play him in every preseason game for 70 odd minutes? Beto needed minutes

Saving Beto ?

No idea mate. There is a lot of talk about what’s going on without much substance. We don’t know the conversations that have been had between DCL and the club for example . Best just taking a wait and see approach.

If there are to be no more incomings then I think we are again quite short in terms of squad.

A proper takeover with competent people needs to happen as soon as possible because this club needs to change . It’s irritating and boring to support at the moment imo. It’s only the new stadium that gives me any enthusiasm .

We arent short on players.

Were short on quality.

….last I read, this bloke was going to Ipswich;

IMG_9957.webp

It's absurd how everton can't even make a loan materialize but chelsea have so many fullbacks their total age is somehow more than ashley young"s
not really sure there. I doubt we were still in for this young Chelsea midfielder. Seems same profile as Timmy I and Dyche said recently he was looking for experience. Phillips too expensive if figures are led to believe. Also with 2 loan slots left we are deliberating what positions to fill

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back