Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The defender that’s sat on the bench should’ve been starting, so unfortunately that’s on Dyche as well.
Well that's just another example of the lack of logic to our recruitment. We are signing players the manager won't even select, when we have hardly any money.

I give our recruitment a 2/10 this summer. I'm baffled why people think its been really good. We can't defend, some of our players can hardly run, and our front 4 are all dire.

Well that's just another example of the lack of logic to our recruitment. We are signing players the manager won't even select, when we have hardly any money.

I give our recruitment a 2/10 this summer. I'm baffled why people think its been really good. We can't defend, some of our players can hardly run, and our front 4 are all dire.

The manager is to blame for not playing players that should be playing. The two attackers we signed should also be starting.

We “can’t defend” because the manager is playing the fella who you said as recently as last season was our best centre back, and a 40 year old at right back. So it’s on him that we can’t defend too sadly.

We signed players that have worked well when given a chance. Unless you are advocating signing a bunch of old “experienced” players thelwell can’t do anything about dyche putting our faster creative players on the bench.

I’m convinced dyche advocated running the campaign with Coleman and young

The manager is to blame for not playing players that should be playing. The two attackers we signed should also be starting.
I would agree. But even still, I dont see those players as goalscorers at this level.

We need to replace Doucoure Harrison DCL etc with players who can actually create and score goals. We need the club to take the forward position seriously because they haven't dome it since Lukaku left and we tried to replace him with about 5 no. 10s.

I would agree. But even still, I dont see those players as goalscorers at this level.

We need to replace Doucoure Harrison DCL etc with players who can actually create and score goals. We need the club to take the forward position seriously because they haven't dome it since Lukaku left and we tried to replace him with about 5 no. 10s.

We have signed players that should be replacing them, and they aren’t because the manager is a stubborn dinosaur. Again, it comes back around to the manager I’m afraid.

We signed players that have worked well when given a chance. Unless you are advocating signing a bunch of old “experienced” players thelwell can’t do anything about dyche putting our faster creative players on the bench.

I’m convinced dyche advocated running the campaign with Coleman and young
I wanted us to sign a goalscorer. If that meant spending every penny we had this year on one forward, I would have done it.

We have signed players that should be replacing them, and they aren’t because the manager is a stubborn dinosaur. Again, it comes back around to the manager I’m afraid.
But it all comes back to whether they can score the goals. We need and out and out goal scorer. To me, that needs to be a centre forward.

I thought our entire front 4, all of them, were atrocious today.

You start to see why we needed a Gnoto or a Minteh. Those are players that can make a difference on their own with their pace. We have just one of those guys and I think Brighton get rinsed. They were awful at dealing with the dink over the top of their line.

Quite frankly, we just don't have the quality of other teams. We are still missing Richarlison, Onana and Gordon. How we stayed up last season... I will never know. And our best player, Branthwaite, was of course out injured today.

This season.... we, as fans, will have to be the 12th man that we were last season when we hammered Newcastle and Chelsea at Goodison.

I don't want our first season in our magnificent new stadium to be in the lower leagues.

But it all comes back to whether they can score the goals. We need and out and out goal scorer. To me, that needs to be a centre forward.

I thought our entire front 4, all of them, were atrocious today.

How will we know if they don’t play?

I keep getting told on here Calvert-Lewin is an elite striker that’s interesting all the top teams. So why is it unreasonable to expect him to be able to score some goals?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.