Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

How will we know if they don’t play?

I keep getting told on here Calvert-Lewin is an elite striker that’s interesting all the top teams. So why is it unreasonable to expect him to be able to score some goals?
They obviously need a chance and the sooner the better.

But the main problem is our centre forward is seeing out his contract and put in a rubbish performance (along with the 3 other attackers of course). That's not sustainable and I think a sale ASAP is the only option for the club. We need cash to buy replacement and we won't have any if he leaves next year for free.

He's a good player, but not good enough that I would want to keep and lose for free.

My basic advice to our recruitment staff would be very very simple

Stop wasting our very limited budget on defenders and midfielders. We don't need expansive or technical players in those positions in a Dyche system. The midfield is largely bypassed in any case. And the defence sit so deep trying to park the bus.

Spend our money on fast wide forwards and strikers. Spend every penny of our money on attack and ill not complain. These attacking options at our disposal are abysmal and not fit for purpose.

The lack of pace and quality in our attack is so obvious. Stop ignoring the obvious problem. We will never progress until our recruitment focuses on the areas that matter and the key areas of weakness.

My basic advice to our recruitment staff would be very very simple

Stop wasting our very limited budget on defenders and midfielders. We don't need expansive or technical players in those positions in a Dyche system. The midfield is largely bypassed in any case. And the defence sit so deep trying to park the bus.

Spend our money on fast wide forwards and strikers. Spend every penny of our money on attack and ill not complain. These attacking options at our disposal are abysmal and not fit for purpose.

The lack of pace and quality in our attack is so obvious. Stop ignoring the obvious problem. We will never progress until our recruitment focuses on the areas that matter and the key areas of weakness.
I agree with this advice, but Dyche wouldn't play them, so it doesn't matter sadly.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.