Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Normally I'd dismiss talk like this but Liverpool have been creeping shorter and shorter in the Branthwaite transfer betting odds, despite the fact there's been little talk about it in public. That's unusual.
TBH mate I wouldn’t usually
Post something like that but a mate very close to his agent told me, take everything you see on the internet with a pinch of salt but I believe it may have legs.

TBH mate I wouldn’t usually
Post something like that but a mate very close to his agent told me, take everything you see on the internet with a pinch of salt but I believe it may have legs.
Yeah I think it does make sense in that they are probably the top team that could use him the most. It would hurt but if they pay the price it is what it is- first and only thing is the right business decisions for the club and that's about the number not the name of the buying club. And if they want to chuck in Joe Gomez that would solve some problems!

Did play with quansah at youth team level for england, dont think they will want to pay the price we want
They do tend to spend big when there is a player they really want though, they are much more about quality than quantity unlike, say, Chelsea. Nunez an example - Benfica wanted 80m which they probably thought was very ambitious, Liverpool paid the asking.

The lack of pace is absolutely a huge problem

It's not even a difficult thing to address with modern scouting and analytics.

We seem to be stuck in a bygone age of football. Our recruitment just makes no sense.
And you don't need to spend a fortune to get it, it covers up a lot of other ills if you can run fast, they don't need to be world beaters. You can teach the rest, you can't teach pace.

The lack of pace is absolutely a huge problem

It's not even a difficult thing to address with modern scouting and analytics.

We seem to be stuck in a bygone age of football. Our recruitment just makes no sense.
Yes as you say so many individual roles for specific aspects of the game yet we can’t recruit. I don’t think we could of made worse signings if we tried picking a random player from europes top leagues would probably yield better results 😂

Surely we now have to go and sign a right back and another midfielder. Just go and find the money from somewhere. Also, Dom throwing himself to the ground during an attack is a disgrace.

As you know mate, his first name (Eduardo) was in honour of Eddie Bosnar as his dad was a massive Evertonian in the 90s. Apparently, watched Everton away against Portsmouth in 94 in the league cup (we lost 2-1) but was besotted by the RAF combo (Rideout & Ferguson). He was based at the Navy base down in Portsmouth where would you believe it, Eddie Bosnar was the head chef (he'd been binned off by Everton at this point and decided to do a YTS course in cooking with Eddie Youds which was funded by the Bernie Inn) and became best mates with Eduardos dad, Billy Bove King (aka BB King).

Was just about to say all that myself Macca. :lol:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back