Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The manager is to blame for not playing players that should be playing. The two attackers we signed should also be starting.

We “can’t defend” because the manager is playing the fella who you said as recently as last season was our best centre back, and a 40 year old at right back. So it’s on him that we can’t defend too sadly.

But surely Thelwell and Dyche need to be having a conversation. And if Dyche isn’t convinced he’s going to put the player straight in the team then why are we signing them?

But surely Thelwell and Dyche need to be having a conversation. And if Dyche isn’t convinced he’s going to put the player straight in the team then why are we signing them?

He’s not going to put any new signings into the team though is he, if he had his way we probably wouldn’t sign any new players and he’d just have the same squad of players forever. If we signed Phil Foden there’s no way he’d drop Doucoure for him.

Awful today and more players needed which we already knew. Heard Branthwaite to Liverpool is on the cards and he’s wanting the move how true it’s is I don’t know but from a very good source.
I can’t imagine a player who has genuine options actually wanting to stay at Everton with dyche.

Awful today and more players needed which we already knew. Heard Branthwaite to Liverpool is on the cards and he’s wanting the move how true it’s is I don’t know but from a very good source.
It would take something absolutely enormous for us to sell to them. Like you're talking over 75m.

So I don't think it's gonna happen

Quite frankly, we just don't have the quality of other teams. We are still missing Richarlison, Onana and Gordon. How we stayed up last season... I will never know. And our best player, Branthwaite, was of course out injured today.

This season.... we, as fans, will have to be the 12th man that we were last season when we hammered Newcastle and Chelsea at Goodison.

I don't want our first season in our magnificent new stadium to be in the lower leagues.
I remember how great we fans were against Palace under Frank.

We need 18 games like that. The RS are already gloating and already assuming that our stadium will be "the best ground in the lower leagues".

It would take something absolutely enormous for us to sell to them. Like you're talking over 75m.

They bid £64m not sure if that’s been accepted or whether something else is being worked on. Could do with the money but would also leave a huge hole at the back with Mykolenko and RBs available plus Holgate and Keane 🥴

Maybe. But it's a business decision first and foremost, yes it would be awful if he went to them, but if they pay the money...... If anything today's match highlighted that the number of issues we have can't be solved without money.

Normally I'd dismiss talk like this but Liverpool have been creeping shorter and shorter in the Branthwaite transfer betting odds, despite the fact there's been little talk about it in public. That's unusual.

Maybe. But it's a business decision first and foremost, yes it would be awful if he went to them, but if they pay the money...... If anything today's match highlighted that the number of issues we have can't be solved without money.
If they offered a huge number then yeah he will be sold. But the number we demand from the reds should be higher than everyone else.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.