Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Why buy a pacy winger? dyche won't play him, we had danjuma despite whether you rate him he was decent and had pace, dyche never considered utilizing him unless he had to
Was he decent though? Where has he gone this summer? Real Madrid? PSG? Oh I’ve just looked he’s still at Villarreal who’ve been trying to get rid of him for 2 years.

Was he decent though? Where has he gone this summer? Real Madrid? PSG? Oh I’ve just looked he’s still at Villarreal who’ve been trying to get rid of him for 2 years.
My point is that he's not terrible and had shown some pace and created chances with his limited chances, dyche is so myopic about a type of winger he wants which in his vision doesn't really operate like a actual winger

My point is that he's not terrible and had shown some pace and created chances with his limited chances, dyche is so myopic about a type of winger he wants which in his vision doesn't really operate like a actual winger
It’s easy to say that though but I’m not sure Danjuma or now lindstrom are players who are likely to make big differences when they come on or start the people not playing are always seen as better but danjuma has had 3 goes in the prem and failed every time surely that suggests it’s him that’s the issue not his manager.

Sad isn't it, never been relegated. But a team that comes up that hasn't played top flight football for 20 years can out spend us. Shambles
Ipswich are doing what Forest done 2 years ago, spending to try and stay up, they don’t have any PSR issues

All of our transfer deals have been in a sensible price bracket in terms of both wage and price, Phillips on his full City wage for a year on the back of his shambolic half season at West Ham would have been an utterly brainless move on our part

The lack of pace is absolutely a huge problem

It's not even a difficult thing to address with modern scouting and analytics.

We seem to be stuck in a bygone age of football. Our recruitment just makes no sense.
This 100% we massively lack pace especially in the full back and wing areas. How we go through window after window without addressing it is utterly negligent.

If they don’t get a right back in by 11pm on 30th August I genuinely think it’ll be the difference between us staying up and going down. Young’s another year older and pretty crap, Coleman the same as well as being injury prone and the manager doesn’t fancy Patterson one bit. We actually sold the lad who started at right back towards the end of last season and didn’t think to replace him like for like.

The lack of pace is absolutely a huge problem

It's not even a difficult thing to address with modern scouting and analytics.

We seem to be stuck in a bygone age of football. Our recruitment just makes no sense.
Brighton were awful first half and went in a goal up because they had a bit of pace going forward and took the only opportunity they had with it.

Can't believe how slow we are as a team.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.