Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Don't see an active Kevin Thelwell thread but serious questions need to be asked of our recruitment again.

In particular the decision to sign a back up defender for big money when we were desperate for pace and goals.

We need attacking options and he needs to address the problem urgently. If that means selling some players then that's what needs to happen.

The players who we have signed under Dyche for decent fees are Beto Chermiti Ndiaye and O Brien, and none of them even make the starting team.

How has that happened considering how little money we have. It's a complete waste of resources.

The only reason we haven’t bought a right back has got to be there’s some belief in Patterson & Dixon to step up…surely?
Dixon wasn't even on the bench today for some unknown reason

I'd say there's virtually no chance Dyche will play him next week. Will be usual premier league experience nonsense when he's asked in his presser

Dixon wasn't even on the bench today for some unknown reason

I'd say there's virtually no chance Dyche will play him next week. Will be usual premier league experience nonsense when he's asked in his presser
Becuase holgate he decided was the cover for his so called experience. That is the big call he has to make next week, is why i would have no problem if he did try a back 5 next week with dixon as a rwb to help cover him defensively.

Don't see an active Kevin Thelwell thread but serious questions need to be asked of our recruitment again.

In particular the decision to sign a back up defender for big money when we were desperate for pace and goals.

We need attacking options and he needs to address the problem urgently. If that means selling some players then that's what needs to happen.

The players who we have signed under Dyche for decent fees are Beto Chermiti Ndiaye and O Brien, and none of them even make the starting team.

How has that happened considering how little money we have. It's a complete waste of resources.
Yes but its also on the manager

I remember how great we fans were against Palace under Frank.

We need 18 games like that. The RS are already gloating and already assuming that our stadium will be "the best ground in the lower leagues".

Of course they will mock us . We would if they were in our position. Let’s not forget this is a fan base that lost its patience with Roy Hodgson and some of his signings like Paulsen and Konchesky.

They can say what they like but I’d like to see them handle some of the stuff Everton fans have in recent years. The Echo would be outraged for a start and they would certainly at least show some sort of journalistic investigation into things unlike some did or did not with our club.

I wouldn’t trust the Conk to spend money on a forward. He blew 50m on dross

Presumably its a team effort and Dyche does turn down players and if the PL experience stuff is true we know the kind of player he favours. Yes he has had his hands tied to an extent but KT has faults and I am baffled why we hardly ever look beyond these shores and why the full back iasue hasnt been addressed or the lack of pace on the wing but clearly our budget is tight and Dyche also has to approve of the players coming in. But he also needs to give them a chance.

Becuase holgate he decided was the cover for his so called experience. That is the big call he has to make next week, is why i would have no problem if he did try a back 5 next week with dixon as a rwb to help cover him defensively.

The three centre backs (sadly Michael Keane), Tim and Gana, Harrison and Myko wing backs, front three of Ndiaye DCL, Mcneil.

I’m not sure what kopite kev is doing

It is so blatantly obvious we need to strengthen the midfield and full back positions

Patterson and Mykolenko are realistically only good enough to be back ups and they are our first choice when fully fit

I also blame dyche for not allowing the full backs the freedom to go forward and attack which in turn limits Harrison and McNeil so much. The amount of times these wingers have no overlap on the wings and have to cut inside and dribble about 40 yards sideways is frustrating.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back