Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Would think we would have accepted a loan with option for Maupay. Being in the market for loans ourselves we may look to benefit from other clubs flexibility, and have done already. Getting him off the wage bill or mostly so could free up the same to cover someone else's wedge incoming.

Bri, he's out of contract next summer, a loan with option is worthless, as they can just let his contract run out then sign him on a free.

Loan with obligation is essentially just the new way of buying him but out of the next year's money. If the player agrees to the loan then basically he joins the other team when his contract runs out rather than becoming a free agent, we got Barry the same way remember it's why we had to pay city when he signed even though his city contract had expired

Would mean effectively giving him away for free ?

I know us fans are happy to panic but that's no way to run a business - you'd be wanting a fee at this point.
Not sure I would tbh.
correct

we cannot loan any of the following players because they are out of contract in 12 months and can leave for free

Holgate
Keane
Calvert-Lewin
Maupay
Doucoure
Gueye
Virginia
Young
Coleman
Crellin
Majority of that list id let go for free tbh and save the wages by making the loaning club pay them. Only DCL is be arsed about tbf.

We have an option for an additional year, so it looks like we could force a fee. I fully expect he will go, but maybe we're holding out to get something for him.

Yeah to loan him without an obligation to purchase means we either loan him without extending the contract and lose him for nothing, or be on the hook for another year and be in the same position this time next year.

Why’s everyone getting mad that posters are thinking other posters are mad but they aren’t mad?

I'm so mad John, that I caught a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror and absolutely roared at my reflection as it seemed far too calm about the Begovic transfer. We had a bit of an argument anyway, neither of us backed down and I walked away and left him in the bathroom to think about it.

Apparently couple of other teams are interested. You'd imagine that has influenced this decision. Lord knows everyone wants him gone.
I hope so like..

Also - why are are leveraging for an obligation when he's out of contract next summer anyway? does it basically guarantee a fee for him or something?

Personally I'd be happy if the club had just said 'as long as you pay his wages it's sound - we don't want him back either way'.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back