Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It’s the Everton way. Deadline day, get linked with some ridiculous last minute deals and come up with nothing. Except maybe another goalkeeper to add to our legion of them.
Can't understand why we have got in 2 number 10's, when we have so many other positions to strengthen. It's almost as if our deals depend on how much money we have to pay up front and over the contract length. Sure that was the same last year as well, with Beto and Chermiti...please sell up and do one Moshiri.

Chukwuemeka is a brilliant player. If you think Iroegbunam is good then he is not even on the same page as this lad. Villa (my team) didn't want him to go but he wouldn't sign a new contract and wanted more game time so off he went to Chelsea. Did money make a difference, of courser, but also Chelsea were better placed then Villa at the time for him to further his career. He did break into their starting eleven too as I recall but injuries then dealt him a severe blow and because of how Chelsea are now run they just buy rather than develop.

If you could get him on loan then he'd be a great acquisition and would be your best player, never mind midfielder. he is that good, with the ability and age to be even better. So why don't we get him? A little bit of we don't need him now and would want a more experienced number 10 for CL football. Plus, there's a little bit of 'fk him' when considering any potential return to VP. Duran was forgiven for his crossed hammers, but Chuk will have to wait a little longer before we would want him back within the fold.
Difference you have there is Iroegbunam is probably on 30k-40k a week, Chukwuemeka is on £100k+

Our financial situation is doing my head in now. Teams like Ipswich are essentially out bidding us for players and doing things like an obligation to buy IF we stay up. Surely that itself goes against ‘playing fair’. How can we not have any money to sign anyone?? I hate to say it but I almost wish we had sold Jarad and Dom now. Shipped them out early got 70 and 20 and went out and spent the 90 on as many players as we could. I cannot believe Ipswich have now got;

Szmodics
Delap
Greaves
Hitchinson
Phillips
Cajuste
Johnson

And now apparently Broja and Clarke are next. Just baffling that we still cannot spend anything but also we have 2 loan spaces left and still haven’t filled them. Annoying.
I would bot be happy for us to sign any of those players, apart from Jack Clarke (who Dyche wouldn't want anyway). Plus, you say we are getting outbid? Was it just Phillips we had a slight interest in?

But if Ipswich have found a way to sign players giving them the best opportunity to stay up without having to risk there financial future if they go down....fair play to them.

I would bot be happy for us to sign any of those players, apart from Jack Clarke (who Dyche wouldn't want anyway). Plus, you say we are getting outbid? Was it just Phillips we had a slight interest in?

But if Ipswich have found a way to sign players giving them the best opportunity to stay up without having to risk there financial future if they go down....fair play to them.
this. at first glance that Broja loan looks a good bit of business but a 30m obligation should they stay up? He could be terrible, he may be their Danjuma and hardly play. He may have absolutely no involvement on Ipswich surviving but if they stay up they have to sign him for arguably 15m more than he's worth.

Our financial situation is doing my head in now. Teams like Ipswich are essentially out bidding us for players and doing things like an obligation to buy IF we stay up. Surely that itself goes against ‘playing fair’. How can we not have any money to sign anyone?? I hate to say it but I almost wish we had sold Jarad and Dom now. Shipped them out early got 70 and 20 and went out and spent the 90 on as many players as we could. I cannot believe Ipswich have now got;

Szmodics
Delap
Greaves
Hitchinson
Phillips
Cajuste
Johnson

And now apparently Broja and Clarke are next. Just baffling that we still cannot spend anything but also we have 2 loan spaces left and still haven’t filled them. Annoying.

They`ve been in the Championship and lived within their means ( unlike us )

They`ve just got a big wedge with the tv money and they`re gambling on spending big to stay up.

If it works, all well and good, if not they have the potential to go back down and stay down for a long time, as they`ll have to have a fire sale, just like Leeds.

this. at first glance that Broja loan looks a good bit of business but a 30m obligation should they stay up? He could be terrible, he may be their Danjuma and hardly play. He may have absolutely no involvement on Ipswich surviving but if they stay up they have to sign him for arguably 15m more than he's worth.

You have to factor in, that he`s going from London, to sleepy Suffolk too.

Will he be arsed, will he settle, will his missus settle etc ?

Plus, his injury record isn`t too hot.

They`re taking quite a gamble on the likes him.

They`ve just got a big wedge with the tv money and they`re gambling on spending big to stay up.

If it works, all well and good, if not they have the potential to go back down and stay down for a long time, as they`ll have to have a fire sale, just like Leeds.
Sheffield comes to mind as well, had a brilliant season when they came up with Wilder, I believe were even in the Europe spots huge part of the season, but spent too much for a team and felt the consquences afterwards.

We have the same problem, but stayed in league luckily..

It's really gambling. Burnley last season did the same, but they probably still had lots of reserves from a lot of PL seasons under Dyche, as they were quite frugal with buying players.

But I think the overall mix between talent and first level experience they do a good business, 80m net spend is a huge amount, but no idea about their current situation.

Assume Broja even if they stay up has a low release clause if he has a half decent season

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back