Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Wouldn't blame anyone for melting down. Prior to the first game of the season I was fairly confident we wouldn't go down. The more clubs improve around us though and we don't, my bum gets more squeaky.
Oh, I feel the same mate. Not criticising at all. Just predicting what's coming. It will be a 'go with what we've got' press conference. Almost certain.

We have an incompetent out of his depth director of football.
I would tend to disagree. The DoF is recruiting with the longer term in mind. The Manager plans from game to game so has different KPIs. I think Thelwell has recruited quite well in the main (Beto, Mykolenko aside, Danjuma not being played is down to Dyche) and focussed on youth and value. If it was down to Dyche we would bring in Weghorst, Ndidi, Lallana types.

I would tend to disagree. The DoF is recruiting with the longer term in mind. The Manager plans from game to game so has different KPIs. I think Thelwell has recruited quite well in the main (Beto, Mykolenko aside, Danjuma not being played is down to Dyche) and focussed on youth and value. If it was down to Dyche we would bring in Weghorst, Ndidi, Lallana types.
Myko has been a good signing for us.

Thelwell hasn’t done that great a job at recruiting for long term. When next season we are going to need 3 new CBs, a RB (if not 2) another LB, a minimum of 3 midfielders, minimum 2 wingers and a striker.

That’s 11, maybe 12 players to bring in. That’s not forward planning.

Leaving - Keane, holgate, Coleman, young, gana, Doucoure, Harrison, lindstrom, DCL and likely Patterson and branthwaite.

Myko has been a good signing for us.

Thelwell hasn’t done that great a job at recruiting for long term. When next season we are going to need 3 new CBs, a RB (if not 2) another LB, a minimum of 3 midfielders, minimum 2 wingers and a striker.

That’s 11, maybe 12 players to bring in. That’s not forward planning.

Leaving - Keane, holgate, Coleman, young, gana, Doucoure, Harrison, lindstrom, DCL and likely Patterson.

He's been massively restricted though in being able to forward plan. He can only do so much each season to try and keep us up and also forward plan.

Ran down his contract and retired with the dosh. A bit like Holgate and Keane will have to do.

Good on him, contracts work both ways, no one forces a club to pay £££.

Some fans (driven in part by understandable frustration, and passion for their team) seem to believe obligations only work one way. We may not like it but few put in their position would choose to give up a couple of million so they could play for a team in L1.

Don't shout at the player, blame the numpty who thought paying oodles for crappy performers was clever.

IMG_0041.webp

He's been massively restricted though in being able to forward plan. He can only do so much each season to try and keep us up and also forward plan.
Thats true but that post is a reply to someone saying he's done well planning for the long term so whether his hands are tied or not its fair to point out that that isn't actually true.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back