Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Thats true but that post is a reply to someone saying he's done well planning for the long term so whether his hands are tied or not its fair to point out that that isn't actually true.

I think he's done well when you factor in those problems he's restricted by though.

So far this window, I'm impressed with the Iroegbunam signing. An England u20 who will surely hop up to the England u21s next squad.

If we could add Gnonto then I'd be 'content' with the business. Not happy, just content.

I think O'Brien is 'exciting' simply because he seems to be a late bloomer.

Very good player, but again, it's meant to be a £25m plus fee.

I'm disappointed that we signed Ndiaye instead of Asprilla.

He looks to have a very high ceiling.

If we'd have signed Asprilla, Gnonto & Iroegbunam I'd consider it to have been an almost perfect window.

All 3 would be starters. As things stand only Iroegbunam has slotted into the 11 out of 5 new signings.

Myko has been a good signing for us.

Thelwell hasn’t done that great a job at recruiting for long term. When next season we are going to need 3 new CBs, a RB (if not 2) another LB, a minimum of 3 midfielders, minimum 2 wingers and a striker.

That’s 11, maybe 12 players to bring in. That’s not forward planning.

Leaving - Keane, holgate, Coleman, young, gana, Doucoure, Harrison, lindstrom, DCL and likely Patterson and branthwaite.
He has a tricky job to be fair. Everyone give Dyche’s excuses because how poorly run we’re , but Thelwell doesn’t see to get the same leeway.

When you have limited funds and a manger who wants a certain type of player, then that makes it even more difficult.

Until we get an owner, who maybe gives full control to the dof and sporting team.
And the manager knows he’s just the coach, I’m sure they will
Have an input, but it will be mainly down to the sporting team, then you will have this crossroads of different styles and opinions.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back