Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Michael Keane was on the England squad at one time 😆 but I concur people are so weary of an older player due to Ashley young but despite some spotty performances I think trippier is still a capable player. He played a copious amount of games last season which I believe affected his form
yes, he was crap, his game at Goodison - he handed us all 3 goals .....

As long as Dixon and Campbell are on the bench and gets some minutes in games and in cup games then I am fine with having some older full backs as well.
Campbell is a natural CB that had to cover LB because we have no one else...I'll take any LB at any age at this point just to say we have another senior LB in the squad

So what your saying he's already one of our best players and he hasn't even signed for us yet? Haha yeah that game was a debacle for him but he didn't play like that on a constant basis unlike most of our players
Oh, yes we have strength in depth in that position so let's purchase an another 30 plus fullback on top wages even if it's a loan ... with a bad injury record to boot ....

It will be amazing if we manage to stay up again really. When you look and compare what other sides around us are doing compared to us, it's laughable.
Football Is such a fluid and ever morphing thing , the four months we went without a single win so many people were convinced we were set for the drop especially with the deductions once we broke the slump we comfortably avoided relegation. Who knows we could fail to bring in a single player and just collapse for the entire c season but a week or month in Football can alter perspectives. Also Southampton and leceister look worse than us and that's an accomplishment

Football Is such a fluid and ever morphing thing , the four months we went without a single win so many people were convinced we were set for the drop especially with the deductions once we broke the slump we comfortably avoided relegation. Who knows we could fail to bring in a single player and just collapse for the entire c season but a week or month in Football can alter perspectives. Also Southampton and leceister look worse than us and that's an accomplishment
It is fine margins. If we had a couple less injuries, and say the newly muscled Patto had had a quiet but effective game against Brighton, with us securing a dull draw with the penalty, there would be much less panic. Overall it would be argued we were a little stronger. Young would be relegated to LB cover, O’Brien would be fed in slowly etc and Doucs would hopefully get a knock so Ndiaye gets a chance and cements his place.

But with Tarks getting his first injury in his career, no timeline or details at all on JB, Young being utterly stupid and getting a needless suspension, and no sign at all of our new attacking players being used, it looks like a catastrophic window, topped off by the sight of Keane and Holgate on the pitch.

It’s going to be a hellish first few games, but with everyone fit it needn’t have been so bad.

And of course you have to consider the players the likes of Palace, Wolves and Bournemouth have lost, not just the ones they've signed.

Yes but for our own team, which signing takes us up a level?

None because Dyche won't play them Zat.

We know he'll ease them in...

For me its Iroegbunam who will suit us more than Onana -- as we dont use a DM.

The others i think were low cost options and we probably needed more sales to bring in an improvement.

Yes but for our own team, which signing takes us up a level?
I didn't say any of them did, but the point you replied to was that every other team was doing much better business than us, and I don't think that's true either. We are treading water, we know that, but other clubs like Palace and Wolves have very arguably weakened.

Don't worry lads. Dyche has been allowed in the petty cash tin. No more running around jumpers, he has bought some plastic cones to run around.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back