Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

So
He doesnt even instruct a midfield runner to run beyond just in case he does win the header, i think he expects DCL to trap the ball with his head.
If he wants to go long ball, sound, that’s his M O. But at least do something on the training to help improve the outcome.

Fat Sam played the same, however he made sure that his teams always won the second ball.

At Bolton, Kevin Davies entire job was to challenge the defender, didn’t matter if he won it, it was so that ball dropped within 10 yards of him, then a Bolton player would be there to pick it up and defence was now attack.

If we don't get a LB to cover/upgrade Myko I won't be thrilled

I get that young can play there... but he's not adequate cover for full games.
Its more important to get a solid first team RB sorted first. Then at least we can have a solid starting back 4 to start every week instead of having two over the hill RB being in and out of the team depending on when Coleman get injured or Young gets sent off.

My hope is:

Mangala in on loan (European loan used)
Fofana in on loan with option (Last PL loan used)
RW in as a transfer.

RB/LB cover in as transfer.

Maupay out as transfer.
DCL out as transfer.

Holgate out as transfer.

I think the bolded happen.
I would actually add Doucoure into the 'outs' as well if there's a club out there who'd want him. That, combined with the above, would be an unbelievable end to the window but I just can't see it at all.

So

If he wants to go long ball, sound, that’s his M O. But at least do something on the training to help improve the outcome.

Fat Sam played the same, however he made sure that his teams always won the second ball.

At Bolton, Kevin Davies entire job was to challenge the defender, didn’t matter if he won it, it was so that ball dropped within 10 yards of him, then a Bolton player would be there to pick it up and defence was now attack.
Exactly, we have 10 yards between midfield and defence and 30 yards between the striker and midfield.

Even if your going to play hoof ball at least try to get close to the halway line then try and hit DCL who will be around the edge of their box and get players around him. Stop the long ball coming from Pickford (The biggest problem) as the defenders are so far back and the midfield even if he does win it its for nothing, let the long ball come from the FBs on the diagonal when they are just in the oppositions half.

So

You see the difference between us and Bournemouth both use a lot of long balls but operate very different.

But to add, DCL's finishing last season inside the box was bad. I think it's a mix of both.

You see the difference between us and Bournemouth both use a lot of long balls but operate very different.

But to add, DCL's finishing last season inside the box was bad.
It’s how you train and what you work on in training.

Unfortunately for us Sean doesn’t it that way. Apparently it’s all on the board to buy him a striker and he just sits and watches

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back