Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Any good?
The short answer is: no.

The boy is strong and rather pacey, it's hard to take the ball away from him... but you don't really have to bother with trying as he is more than likely to give it away in the most ludicrous fashion possible. He is a prime example of what is 'low footballing IQ'.

Cantwell going to Blackburn for £500,000.
If we bought him on a 3 year contract and never even played him, he’d be worth more than that next summer if we sold him.

Todd Cantwell is a no-brainier in more ways than one.

The short answer is: no.

The boy is strong and rather pacey, it's hard to take the ball away from him... but you don't really have to bother with trying as he is more than likely to give it away in the most ludicrous fashion possible. He is a prime example of what is 'low footballing IQ'.
Well we’ve got slow ones who can’t keep hold of it and give it away, so he’s an instant upgrade. 👍😄

he was bought by Molenbeek, owned by Textor

and was then immediately loaned to Lyon, owned by Textor

and was then bought by Lyon

and now he's being loaned to Everton, being bought by Textor

:coffee:I feel this looks dodgy..
But, it's not like almost every other team is not involved in some kind of dodgy scheme. Let's do it, I say!

Unclear on that tbh everyone has a different interpretation of the rules it seems.

I think Lyon will want this as a sale to help their books out but if Textor is helping us out it could be on the payment structure..ie a Beto style pay later deal. Meaning they can still book a sale.
I would suspect it's that, if he ends up here.

he was bought by Molenbeek, owned by Textor

and was then immediately loaned to Lyon, owned by Textor

and was then bought by Lyon

and now he's being loaned to Everton, being bought by Textor

:coffee:I feel this looks dodgy..
Is that not how the multi-club ownership should work? Players go to where they are needed and fees stay within the group. Problem is to make sure its all done at arms length and no club is getting short changed or over charged!

Gonna Google you now
Found him.

The stunt of Nuamah signing for Molenbeek just lied in the fact Textor failed to get a green light from the financial instances of tged French league and faced a transfer embargo. They just used Molenbeek to pay for Nuamah and loan him directly to Lyon who weren't allowed to buy him.

My hopes for end of window:

Out: Holgate (free), Maupay (£2m to OM or Brentford) and DCL (for about 15m)

In: Mangala (loan with option), Gnotto or Nuamah, and Evan Ferguson (loan with an option - as he is down the pecking order at Brighton now)

Fears: Maupay stays as he turns down Brentford waiting for OM but it doesnt materialise in time, DCL stays and we keep hoofing the ball up to him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back