Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

We`d be stuck for a starting LB, but we are already stuck with no proper starting RB at the moment. I`m not saying if there was a LB who could be cover if Mykolenko missed games was available that we don`t sign them, just think what we are missing to complete a starting back 4 is a first team RB.
Surely its more important to have the starting players in place in all positions, and then look to add depth in different areas.
But we have 4 on the books versus 1 left back.

Ferguson isn't down any pecking orders. He's young and has been suffering from a series of injuries.

Brighton won't be getting shot of him, at least not for a fee that Everton could afford.
Needs games and don't think he will get them at Brighton at the moment. As you said he is young so a loan could suit both parties.

But we have 4 on the books versus 1 left back.
Having RB on the books dosen`t mean any of them are good enough for to start every week. 2 of them are nearing the end of their careers and can barely last 90 minutes, and we seem to just alternate between them, and Patterson dosen`t seem to be good enough when fit to nail down that slot.. I`d say its harder to find the right player to sign as a backup player that knows they`ll most likely be sat on the bench every week rather than signing a player that would be expected to be a starter for that position.
I agree we need cover at LB, but we need to nail down a starting RB too.

I too want DCL gone now as he is in his last year.
However, I still think with the right service he could do a job. Look what Carlo got out of him providing service. Not saying there are not better out there but..........
That was 3-4 seasons ago now and he scored in 8 games or so then didnt score again for 13. he's crap and overhyped from that season.

He's part of the problem over the last 3 seasons.

Having RB on the books dosen`t mean any of them are good enough for to start every week. 2 of them are nearing the end of their careers and can barely last 90 minutes, and we seem to just alternate between them, and Patterson dosen`t seem to be good enough when fit to nail down that slot.. I`d say its harder to find the right player to sign as a backup player that knows they`ll most likely be sat on the bench every week rather than signing a player that would be expected to be a starter for that position.
If we do bring in a rb one needs go out on loan maybe even two pointless paying that many players in one position like rb

So you want us to have 5 right backs and 1 left back??

Edit: if we don’t sell Holgate then 6

I too want DCL gone now as he is in his last year.
However, I still think with the right service he could do a job. Look what Carlo got out of him providing service. Not saying there are not better out there but..........

Mate it was like a ln amazing 11 game scoring run , 4 years ago , with one of the best number 10’s in the world supplying him…

Apart from that 11 game run he’s been largely cack , and even in that run he was being supplied with 6 yard tap ins that any half decent prem striker would be scoring

If we do bring in a rb one needs go out on loan maybe even two pointless paying that many players in one position like rb
It was pointless stocking up on backup RB when we gave Coleman and Young another year. 2017 Coleman had that bad leg break and was out for so long it was a position we should have prioritize that summer as there was no guarantee he`d come back and be at the required level. Lucky he did get back to near his best, but he`s been well below the level he was and declining for 4 or 5 years, and still we haven`t sorted a long term replacement.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back