Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Definitely, Dixon first choice along with Patterson once he gets fit. Dixon hasn’t let anyone down with his performances as yet and he’s got potential, same for Patterson really.

Coleman as the back up to them, with Ashley Young used in training to demonstrate how not to play the position.

Sadly, the above will never happen with Dyche.

Really like the look of Dixon, but expecting him to be the starter in a team which plays how we do is a recipe for disaster for the lads development mate, he needed a season on a good quality loan abroad preferably or a season where he backed up the starter getting games in the cup and as a sub etc, doesn't look physically developed enough yet (a bit too much scrawny kid in a way).

Hope I'm wrong but that's my take

I am not an expert but I read a few Twitter posts from for example Bobble's mate saying 4 at any time, 8 different over a season.
See the PL rules regarding domestic loans, 2 at any one time and 4 total in the season. This does not take in to account International Loans.

1725009958135.webp

Not worth that wage for me, but We will just give him it as well won’t we, or he will run it down and see what he can get.

Me either, but this is a cluster ........... of a situation.

Believe he's been a Bell all summer as well with is interactions with the club.

We have to move on from players like DCL for me mate. But i dont trust us to do improve on a striker in a day.

Honestly as much as we clown Broja, if the issue with that swap deal is us not seeing enough value on their end for just Fofana, I wonder if Chelsea would be willing to swap DCL with Fofana (permanent) and a season loan for Broja too. That frees up a lot of wages on their end, plus we get 2 bodies in. Pure Football Manger thinking but would people be happy with that?
Broja failed his medical apparently at Ipswich - means he's a broken biscuit mate, always injured - with hardly any workload to cause all those injuries.

Broja failed his medical apparently at Ipswich - means he's a broken biscuit mate, always injured - with hardly any workload to cause all those injuries.
Oh I know, he’s awful. But Thelwell has an absolute hard on for him and I’m wondering what we would consider value. We have Fofana at £12mil and DCL at £40 mil which shows how delusional we are.

Maupay is a saleable asset.
He has been a disaster at Everton but not elsewhere. Strikers are in demand and never moreso than when approaching the final days of the transfer window. Even his loan at Brentford was quite successful and I would not rule them out of coming back for him if Toney leaves as they will be very short of strikers.
I think he will leave and I think we may get a fee of around 10m for him.
I posted this a couple of weeks ago and there were several responses with only Zat agreeing with me.
I was wrong about the destination but close on the amount.
@Goat

If he stays he could sign a new contract - big difference between 70k and 130k a week and he will be pushing toward 29 next summer.

Wont forget this summer - if he does.

Worse thing the club can do is sign a player with his record to a long term deal on bigger wages than he is now.

We do we've learnt nothing from the likes of the Keane, Holgate and Doucoure contracts.

A player who relies hugely on his physicality, with a huge list of quite major injuries pushing into his 30s on any new contract is not smart business.

Really like the look of Dixon, but expecting him to be the starter in a team which plays how we do is a recipe for disaster for the lads development mate, he needed a season on a good quality loan abroad preferably or a season where he backed up the starter getting games in the cup and as a sub etc, doesn't look physically developed enough yet (a bit too much scrawny kid in a way).

Hope I'm wrong but that's my take
This is right, but I think his use will be sporadic. He isn’t ready, and Patterson aside we are pretty desperate there. Might be the making of him, who knows?!

Is he better than Patterson, I’d say no at this point, Coleman will be our main rb this year

Oh I know, he’s awful. But Thelwell has an absolute hard on for him and I’m wondering what we would consider value. We have Fofana at £12mil and DCL at £40 mil which shows how delusional we are.

Thing with Broja is it predates Thelwell so I'm.sure if it's a Moshiri legacy thing the interest. Be just our luck if that's Moshiris only interest in the club now to push a Broja deal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back