Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

1725011150993.webp

Lol it’s not mate. Relegation.

Keane and Holgate 😂

With respect, that's nonsense.

O'Brien was not brought in to be our 5th choice CB. He's already ahead of Holgate in the pecking order and, on the strength of the last three games, should be starting ahead of Keane.

I would totally disagree with that last comment. Look at our first 3 games???

My point is that, of all the issues we have in the squad, CB was one of the areas that required the least attention. We have the absolute worst, slowest, least clinical front 3-4 players in the Premier League for the 2nd or 3rd season running.

If Dyche knew he had a pot of £20-30m this summer, a new CB would not have been one of the areas to prioritise. Branthwaite and Tarkowski, if fit, are a reliable partnership. Keane is a liability but he has been better than Tarks in the opening games of this season.

Most teams barely play their 4th choice CB so Holgate would hardly ever be required unless we hit a major injury crisis. We needed goals, pace and energy up top and (yet again) we haven't got it.

We dont use a 6 but he'd be servicable as a defensive minded or box to box CM.

I wrote that he could cover the minutes on the pitch. Gomes was rubbish
Most fans view is the further Doucoure is away from our goal the better but we are two injuries away from him having to start in CM. That can’t happen. You seem to assume that every season is exactly the same in terms of player demands. Like a fourth choice midfielder will only ever play 500 mins. That just isn’t the case. If we’re unlucky with injuries/suspensions we could easily be in a situation were we start a run of key must win games that make or break our season with Doucoure starting and Armstrong as our only CM cover. That’s unacceptable.

No way is Osimhen going to Chelsea
Sounds like he is.

Also, we seem to be making a rod for our own back by pricing DCL out of a move. Just need to move him on and Chelsea would be a good option as we could get a striker in exchange - which prevents the inevitable, of us selling him and having no replacement.

Worse thing the club can do is sign a player with his record to a long term deal on bigger wages than he is now.

We do we've learnt nothing from the likes of the Keane, Holgate and Doucoure contracts.

A player who relies hugely on his physicality, with a huge list of quite major injuries pushing into his 30s on any new contract is not smart business.
Agreed and which is why I’m amazed that DCL is actually running the risk of trying to find better elsewhere? If we were to bench him for majority of the season, a 29year old injury prone striker who hasn’t played much ain’t going to be worth much. Said it before but I think the lads getting some proper poor advice from somewhere.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back