Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Doucoure, Keane and Holgate all set to leave on free transfers next summer then. They'll take a further £15m from the club in wages this season. Appalling that we haven't been able to shift single ones.
Two mentioned there are highly rated by the manager mate, we are more likely to extend them than sell them, especially as long as this takeover nonsense carries on dragging out.

We need a Saudi club to come in for Doucoure.

If we banked a £10m fee for selling him, and freed up the £120k p/w he is rumoured to be on, we could bring in two more loans and still be better off financially.

Ndiaye, Lindstrom and McNeil could share the burden at 10. Gana, Garner, Iroegbunam, Armstrong and Mangala would man the CM slots. We could bring in a wide man and something at fullback.

(Can't see us bringing in a CF unless DCL leaves for a decent fee).

Remember saudi window closes after ours.

I may be way off the mark, as I don't follow football finance too closely because there is nothing more tedious than PSR, but we can't do swaps. We would have to uy a player outright. If we sell DCL for 12m that may not be enough in terms of balancing books. It may look like a decent deal to swap a younger player for DCL but it may make bad accountancy sense.

Can anyone who knows/cares more about this, confirm or deny.

Swaps are fine as the values both count separately for PSR

Why is it that we seem to think the only winger in the world is Wilfred Gnonto? Harrison and Mcniel guaranteed starting places every week is depressing. Neither would look out of place or stand out in the championship. That’s where we want to go apparently.

They're still allowed to spend. It will just cost them points when they submit their accounts
Forest’s allowed losses increased this year. Last year I think they were at £67m over 3 years because they were newly promoted. Not sure if it’s now the same as the rest of the PL but it has gone up so that and the sale of Johnson last summer has probably given them a bit more leeway

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back