Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I honestly believe that we are so cash strapped that we cannot afford loan fees !.
I would not expect anything after Mangala , unless our new prospective owner can squeeze anything else out of Lyon.
Don't get excited about transfer deadline day as it will be (as usual) a massive disappointment for us.
That said , Thelwell has done a good job , as no other Prem Club has been run in such a shambolic way. Thanks Bill and Mosh !

That is another point, Silva who plays new players or Dyche who will bin all new, pacey, flair players in favour of the usual crap we`ve seen fail time and again.

I wouldn`t want to come in and play second fiddle to McNeil and Harrison like Dyche did with Danjuma.

Mark my words, we`d sign better players without this manager, he is holding us back in terms of signings, style and results and will continue to do so as long as he is in place.
Yeah, he didn't get a lot of time after his long time injury. Strangely Dyche achieved better results than Silva still, probably wouldn't long term.

Can say they made a very good business with Smith Rowe to add creativity, which I thought they strougled with, pace was never a problem, then a center back that would have a chance to be permanent starter at Everton, good winger and Berge is solid as well. Don't see any flaw in any position in them. Decent upper bottom half team.

What would relegation do to our standing?

We can't rely on Beto and we can't get any worse in that final third;

Over the last 3 seasons;

Games: 114
Won: 32
Drawn: 27
Lost: 55
Goals Scored: 117
Goals Against: 174

From 342 points - we've earned 123. We've averaged 41 points each season.

We score 39 per season - an average of 1.03 per game.
We concede 58 per season - an average of 1.53 per game.

Last season we got lucky with injuries.

If we can't get a fee that allows us to bring in another striker, we can't go accepting £12m for Calvert-Lewin until Jan at the earliest.

Here's the thing though mate, in the past three seasons you've listed.

DCL played 68 games and scored 14 goals total, 5 of those were penalties.

So a return of basically 9 goals in 68 games over there seasons.

So took a deep dive into the perceived opinion we need DCL to stay up etc.

21/22 season
Played 17 games - 20 points (1.17ppg)
Didn't play 21 games - 19 points (0.9ppg)
So +0.27ppg better when he played.

22/23 season.
Played 17 games - 14 points (0.8ppg)
Didn't play 21 games - 22 points (1.05ppg)
So -0.25ppg worse when he played.

23/24 season
Played 32 games - 41 points (1.28ppg)
Didn't play 6 games - 7 points (1.17ppg)
So +0.11 better when he played

24/25 season
Played 2 games - 0 points (0ppg)
Didn't play - nea

So overall in that time period

played 68 games - 75 points 1.1 ppg
Didn't play 48 games - 48 points. 1.00 ppg
So overall 0.1ppg better when he plays than when he doesn't.

I'm hardly seeing compelling evidence that DCL is in any way vital to the team the way some people seem to assume he is. The stats don't lie.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back