Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yes. He's a better centre forward than the alternative, Beto. The Derby MOTM performance vs Liverpool - just a few of them which I don't think Beto could come close to a season makes the difference.

If we sell Calvert-Lewin for £12m, and start Beto tomorrow an he gets a knock - we wouldn't have an actual centre forward.

If we can get a decent fee/player swap then I understand the gamble, but we can't get worse in the final third and whatever your opinion of him - losing him for £12m without any replacement is us getting worse.
Keane moved to striker.

I'm pretty sure because the next season we bought him for like 30 million which was in the bill days, so it was a major expenditure for us and left us a with no further budget 😆

28m mate and we also paid City 2.5m to sign an out of contract Barry as well as that was written into the loan agreement

Is there any reason the club did not set a deadline on the contract offer. Letting this uncertainty go all the way to the deadline has been very unhelpful.

Surely an earlier sale with time to replace was the logical thing to do in this scenario.
The Chermiti injury and the Maupay sale priority have put things in perspective.

It is what it is.

DCL > Maupay

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back