Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Succession planning is even MORE important if we go down.

Surely you can see that several years of knee-jerk purchasing with no view of anything beyond the short term is EXACTLY what has got us into the position we're in?

Upgrading the attack (as you insist needs to take priority) whilst doing nothing about midfield or defence would absolutely get us relegated. We are a better team with Iroegbunam and O'Brien than we would be without them, and bringing them both in at least allows us to TRY to shift Keane, or Holgate, or Doucoure. If we keep those high earners at the club and continue paying them huge wages until they leave on frees them we're just repeating the same errors.

Have to reject the view that we can only move them on if O’Brien is here. Again, you’re applying caveats that haven’t happened (and don’t look like they will in the next few hours).

So, if DCL, Keane, Holgate and Dourcoure stay after the window then you’d acknowledge that it was a failure? And perhaps we should have focused the O’Brien cash on a proper CF and / or at least a winger?

Look at the games he starts, and plays over 37 minutes v the ones he doesn't buddy. The difference is stark.

I've done all the metrics mate, can't factor in disruption from an early sub though - how was the game going at the point he was subbed also, I'm not even factoring in match fitness and regularly playing and it's negative impact on a replacement who literally only gets a few minutes for months then is asked to step in for 3 games.

Can't get around the fact we play one up front under this manager and in 45 games he has managed a grand total of 5 goals which weren't penalties.

Fact we have people acting like he's irreplaceable almost is laughable.

I really want him to do well.

Amokachi wasnt well liked at 1st,looked very unorthodox, but he became a hero.
A Hero? he played about 45 games for us, let's reserve hero status for players who play more than a season and a half worth of games. He did OK for us.

All I want is two deadline day signings, a winger and a RB. But I know that all I want is impossible...

I mean Id also like to see one of DCL or Doucoure shipped out today.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back