Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Hoping to see a progression if our younger players next season.
Warrington seems to have something about him, dobbin and chermiti all need more time

Not sure we are gonna have that luxury
Unfortunately you may be right and it might hinder his development. In an ideal world he would have a full Championship season loan. Same with Simms...in an ideal world you'd want his Coventry move to be a loan and come back. Sad times for the club.

Hoping to see a progression if our younger players next season.
Warrington seems to have something about him, dobbin and chermiti all need more time

…I think Warrington’s contract expires next month, so assume he’ll be finding pastures new. Dobbin is now entering his final year, he wasn’t used much in a poor squad which tells us everything.

Dyche has been quite forthright in suggesting there’s nobody near making the step-up so I doubt any of the U21s will be part of the clubs plans, maybe with the exception of Mills who might be given an opportunity to impress pre-season.

I’d be more inclined to forget the U21 group and hope there’s one or two in the next tranche. Coby Ebere has a lot of the physical attributes if he can develop more quality;

Yeah but this is the problem with dyche, he sticks to the same 11 most weeks and they usually stay on the pitch for 85 minutes.
Didnt realise warrington was about to be released. Think that will end up being a mistake.

why didn’t he get picked up on a free btw? Wages too high? Out of love with the game? Or would he not go down divisions.

Surely he could get a game with Ibiza or Southport (both often mentioned in the same sentence).
Pretty sure he’s had plenty of interest from big clubs around Europe but wanted some ridiculous money. At least that’s what I think I read last summer. Idk.

A mate just said to me why is Coleman 'thinking about it' in relation to the one year contract? I think Seamus might want to take on a coaching role and with his selfless attitude and his knowledge of the club he might want to get his wages off the books to open up for a player that can contribute more on field. Just a theory but it wont surprise me if he doesnt sign the contract.

Yeah but this is the problem with dyche, he sticks to the same 11 most weeks and they usually stay on the pitch for 85 minutes.
Didnt realise warrington was about to be released. Think that will end up being a mistake.

…sorry but that’s nonsense. Youngsters have to be good enough to play. Branthwaite and Garner forced their way into the side. Dobbin has been a regular loanee but Dyche was persuaded by his performances in pre-season to keep hold.

There’s very few that Everton release who come back and play regular top flight football (Antonee Robinson an exception), it’s pointless getting the likes of Warrington on another deal if there’s a view he’s not good enough. We’ll find out soon enough if he’s being kept.

…sorry but that’s nonsense. Youngsters have to be good enough to play. Branthwaite and Garner forced their way into the side. Dobbin has been a regular loanee but Dyche was persuaded by his performances in pre-season to keep hold.

There’s very few that Everton release who come back and play regular top flight football (Antonee Robinson an exception), it’s pointless getting the likes of Warrington on another deal if there’s a view he’s not good enough. We’ll find out soon enough if he’s being kept.
He will have been offered a new contract, if we want to get compo its what we have to do, like we did with Tom Davies......

Even a short contract try keep his value on low smart money so we gave the option and have the avantage selling if wr send him on loan. Think for me dobbin must go out on loan if we can bring wingers in needs to be getting more game time.

Even a short contract try keep his value on low smart money so we gave the option and have the avantage selling if wr send him on loan. Think for me dobbin must go out on loan if we can bring wingers in needs to be getting more game time.

…a loan for Dobbin is effectively a goodbye as his contract expires next summer.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back