Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Some things are out of control from the management at the football club & what is they’ve improved positions.

That pre-season is down on the manager & how he sets his sides up but there’s no chance this side is THAT bad unless it’s how they’re coached.

Without a PD they finished 12th last year with no goalscorers. Absolutely horrendous in the final third, especially in zone 14 areas. They’ve just signed 2 number 10s, one of them who’s already scored.

Yes, two number tens, why? Surely one would have been sufficient mate. On the wings we are terrible, McNeil and Harrison , that needed addressing desperately. Pace and end product but instead we have these two again. Non prolific centre forwards to boot.

I hate saying this but look at Brighton, Mitoma cost £2.6m , players are out there , it comes down to your recruitment teams. We seem to have a square peg round hole strategy or “ who can we get instead of who do we need”.

Harrisons a good loan to use, small fee low wages, if loans were that easy we would have more, but we Havnt got the money to pay loan fees for the better end players, as sad as it is we are a bottom side team with little funds this is what it was for a another couple of years

I disagree it’s a good loan considering his end product. I see it as a wasted loan. It’s down to recruitment.

They’ve signed 2 attacking minded footballers, one being in a position (the 10) that’s needed desperately sorting for years.

Was never going to be movement centre forward while DCL is there. We’ve improved at centre half, we’ve improved in midfield & we’ve improved outwide over all.

It all comes down to know how the manager sets this side up.
Just hope he uses the new attacking players as we all hope

Yes, two number tens, why? Surely one would have been sufficient mate. On the wings we are terrible, McNeil and Harrison , that needed addressing desperately. Pace and end product but instead we have these two again. Non prolific centre forwards to boot.

I hate saying this but look at Brighton, Mitoma cost £2.6m , players are out there , it comes down to your recruitment teams. We seem to have a square peg round hole strategy or “ who can we get instead of who do we need”.

I’ve put 10s as that’s where their main position is but they both clearly can play out wide aswell, especially NDiaye.

There aren’t many “prolific” centre forwards in world football & the ones that are go for money we don’t have. That or you’re talking a gamble.

Brighton are a far better ran football side than us, have players who actually want to play for them & have managers who play a certain way. It’s not comparable. The DoF has had to work with a sinking ship.

The Harrison loan made sense. We’ve also tried to sign several wingers, it’s not recruitments fault if they don’t want to come here but he’s absolutely improved in that final third. Hes replaced Danjuma & Dobbin with NDiaye & Lindstrom.

He's on £90k a week!
Not quite
1725047985634.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back