Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Honestly if I bought this club first thing I would do is sack the entire scouting team and the dof
Can't judge Thelwell until he appoints the manager. We've got a system where they both have to sign off on transfers. When the DOF brings the manager 8 players and he turns them all down then clearly they don't see how Everton should play in the same way. We will remain dysfunctional until this issue is resolved.

I think the squad as a whole has the ability to be well clear of relegation, unfortunately I do not rate the manager one bit...

Failure to address positions in this window and Goodison could be very toxic if we get beat by Bournemouth.
there will just be another huge reliance of scoring from set pieces and hoping to keep clean sheets - worked last season but can only be goal shy for so long before luck turns imo

There's some truth in what you're saying mate.

But we don't half need some pace and have for a long time.

There's a reason we've tried for about 5 pacey wingers this window.

I don't disagreee - but in the case of Nuamah, if as reported we pulled out due to not being able to agree personal terms that is better than repeating the past and being lumbered with someone on a massive salary and long-term contract who was nowhere near the top of the list.

I think most have quickly forgotten that we are still in financial mire - what deals out there for pacey wingers have other clubs done that we could have matched for similar fees and terms. Not many I expect.

I don't disagreee - but in the case of Nuamah, if as reported we pulled out due to not being able to agree personal terms that is better than repeating the past and being lumbered with someone on a massive salary and long-term contract who was nowhere near the top of the list.

I think most have quickly forgotten that we are still in financial mire - what deals out there for pacey wingers have other clubs done that we could have matched for similar fees and terms. Not many I expect.

if you think it’s coz we couldn’t agree terms your mad lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back