Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Can't judge Thelwell until he appoints the manager. We've got a system where they both have to sign off on transfers. When the DOF brings the manager 8 players and he turns them all down then clearly they don't see how Everton should play in the same way. We will remain dysfunctional until this issue is resolved.
Do not agree 3 years no RW

Where are the goals coming from ?

I honestly have no idea with this squad.
Mate we’ll score goals for Jesus sake, Ndaiye will score a few if it’s anything like midweek, so will the strikers, McNeil will have a purple patch where he gets a few, not to mention Tarks, Branthwaite and O’Brien, hell Gana seemed to have found a nack last year and Iroegbunam doesn’t seem afraid to shoot either

I mean it really hasn't been a bad window, just a disappointing end. In my fairly simple analysis the players in are better than the players out.
Agreed. That's why it's about a 6/10 for me.

Negatives- The full back issue is a problem, as is the failure to get a RW with pace. Additionally, the DCL stuff not being properly sorted has been handled poorly by the club.

Positives - Keeping Branthwaite and getting Onana deal wrapped up fairly quickly. PSR Timmy. A comfortable dribbler and creative outlet in Ndiaye to replace the drab Doucoure. Succession planning with O'Brien.

Mate we’ll score goals for Jesus sake, Ndaiye will score a few if it’s anything like midweek, so will the strikers, McNeil will have a purple patch where he gets a few, not to mention Tarks, Branthwaite and O’Brien, hell Gana seemed to have found a nack last year and Iroegbunam doesn’t seem afraid to shoot either
I mean where is the improvement in our goal threat going to come from. How are we going to carry a more consistent threat?

Averaging just under a goal a game is nowhere near good enough. We need to be scoring closer to 60 goals a season.

This squad doesn't have the quality. Defence was prioritised over attack and I dont understand it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back