Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I dont think Dyche meant Dobbin or perhaps Warrington as they were already in a number of squads before that statement.

Not for me.

Magically we could loan him and extend his contract. I dont see him going on loan.

I think Dobbin will go up a gear in preseason and hope he continues as 2nd choice LW & Chermiti a 2nd choice forward.

I think if both are 2nd choice rotation options over a season and getting minutes against high quality players...that will do them some good.

Chermiti has shown he can improve from within and Dobbin has already done the loan system.

Keep both and develop.

He had one season on loan and at League 1 level? That's not really doing the system, you'd expect him to have a Championship loan too.

He had one season on loan and at League 1 level? That's not really doing the system, you'd expect him to have a Championship loan too.

Why? Hes already shown in snippets that he can perform for us to at least an average level and we need to lower the wage bill.

For me that means Danjuma gone and a nee deal for Dobbin probably saving £60k or £70k a week.

Why? Hes already shown in snippets that he can perform for us to at least an average level and we need to lower the wage bill.

For me that means Danjuma gone and a nee deal for Dobbin probably saving £60k or £70k a week.

To get consistent game time under his belt at a good level.

Yeah but this is the problem with dyche, he sticks to the same 11 most weeks and they usually stay on the pitch for 85 minutes.
Didnt realise warrington was about to be released. Think that will end up being a mistake.
Did he have a lot of options ?

We don't have enough players to rotate unless you want Michael Keane and Danjuma playing more regularly.

I just disagree with the entire notion that players automatically get better by going out on loan its a massively flawed premise. You have to decide whether players have got what it takes or not thats what you get paid for as a manager and a coach if you can't tell by watching someone in training every day and seeing the games they've played already at the age of 21 then you're in the wrong job.
Going on loan is not to make them better, although that would be a bonus. It is more about getting ready to play competitive senior football every week.

Young players make mistakes, those mistakes may not be punished as badly in the lower divisions. It is about getting them ready to join the squad.

Going on loan is not to make them better, although that would be a bonus. It is more about getting ready to play competitive senior football every week.

Young players make mistakes, those mistakes may not be punished as badly in the lower divisions. It is about getting them ready to join the squad.
Yes I agree thats my point really if you're not ready after 3 loans the chances are you ain't going to be ready after 4.

I disagree. Lots of clubs do it and it's good to have homegrown talent in that respect. Simms is on 19 goals overall this season for Coventry, he'd have been an excellent backup to have in an ideal world.
In an ideal world Simms and Cannon probably would not have been sold but we needed the money.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back