Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

so the next transfer window will allow DCL, Doucoure, Keane, Holgate, Gueye, Virginia, Young, Coleman and Begovic the opportunity to agree pre-contracts elsewhere and leave on a free transfer the following summer

scary times
Scary times? I will personally drive any one of them to where they want to go and the club can pay me out of the c.600k a week wages they've saved on absolute cack.

IN:
Tim, Ndiaye, O'Brien, Lindstrom, Mangala

OUT:
Onana, Godfrey, Dobbin, Maupay, Gomes, Danjuma, Holgate (TBC), Dele

Profit:
c.35m, likely a wage reduction

Didn't Leave:
Jarrad Branthwaite.

Lack of a genuine pace merchant stings, I can't lie, especially when we targeted a number.

But overall I see Tim plus Mangala as probably an improvement on Onana and Gomes (on average at least), Lindstrom and Ndiaye definite improvement on Danjuma and Dobbin, and O'Brien way more what we need than Godfrey or Holgate.

if last year's squad did 48 points this squad should do that at least too. We've lost no one significant from one of the best defences in the league last year. If they don't match or exceed last year, we have to look at the manager.

No denying it's also what might have been if we'd added that winger though.

7.5/10

We got 11 points from the bottom 3 last season. The new 3 are better sides, and plenty above us have improved.

I don’t think we’ll be near 48 points tbh.

so the next transfer window will allow DCL, Doucoure, Keane, Holgate, Gueye, Virginia, Young, Coleman and Begovic the opportunity to agree pre-contracts elsewhere and leave on a free transfer the following summer

scary times
Of those players: Keane, Holgate, Young, Coleman and probably Doucoure will not be missed and will save us millions of pounds in wages. One of Begovic and Virginia will probably be retained.

it’s not rocket science mate

We’re clearly in a poor situation but I wouldn’t say we’re going to “pieces”.

It’s a football club trying to get itself out of a hole, into a new football stadium, cutting the wage bill, being better on the commercial front (or trying to be) & bringing the average age of the squad down.

While there’s been plenty of bed wetting, the moment we accept we’ll be beaten to players by the likes of Fulham, for now, the better.

Once they’ve sorted the ownership out, got into BMD & it’s all settled down, the work that’s going on now hopefully puts us on a decent platform.

We’re clearly in a poor situation but I wouldn’t say we’re going to “pieces”.

It’s a football club trying to get itself out of a hole, into a new football stadium, cutting the wage bill, being better on the commercial front (or trying to be) & bringing the average age of the squad down.

While there’s been plenty of bed wetting, the moment we accept we’ll be beaten to players by the likes of Fulham, for now, the better.

Once they’ve sorted the ownership out, got into BMD & it’s all settled down, the work that’s going on now hopefully puts us on a decent platform.

i wish i had your faith mate

I live in Frankfurt, watched Lindstrom alot. He was great for a team that counter. So imo he suits our style. I have faith that he will do well.

Napoli didn't work out because he went from counter attacking (his style) to possession which he can't do.

So I reckon he suits us in our current form. He will need to acclimatize though
Can he defend though. Can he concentrate for 90 minutes to stay no further than 2 yards ahead of young or Coleman

Well then he overrules Dyche and signs them. If he’s identified an issue in the team then you get them in, don’t you??

He already signed Beto who doesn’t fit Dyche’s football, Danjuma another

He did identify several issues.

Cover at centre half + Branthwaite replacement (who’ll go next year)
Lack of centre midfielders & Onana leaving
1 winger

All with limited funds & a tiny squad. He’s addressed all those with good average ages & technically better footballers like NDiaye.

So the DoF doesn’t adapt?? They’ve been working together for 18 months and prepping for this transfer window since January

Mad that people think all this just happens today with Kev running in with a list of players
I'm sure he has adapted to a degree but bottom line is if he wants the team to play a certain way then there's no point buying a load of players who will play the Dyche way and then we are lumbered with them. Particularly as we are in a financial mess. It's just a dysfunctional set up until we get new owners.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back