Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

If you believe the Bobble, Maupay was a Lampard decision - he wanted PL experience. Thelwell wanted Guirassy but was overruled by Kenwright who sided with Lampard
Yep - the DoF role in our football club has essentially been a redundant, dysfunctional role because of the idiot owner and board member who got involved. There was an article from David Ancelotti a few weeks back said they would meet to discuss transfer targets and Kenwright would be in there offering advice, ridiculous.

Really hoping we don't need to generate about £150 to pay interest on loans / keep the lights on / pay Beto and Chermiti's installments / give ourselves a 'warchest' of about £30m from what's left over.

We have to be honest with ourselves though and understand the position we're in - even if we could keep Branthwaite this summer he'd only be sold next summer anyway.

Onana, no big loss as he doesn't suit us. Hoping north of £50m.

Is there any way we can get any money for Keane, Holgate or Godfrey? Even £10m for the set would be fantastic. But unfortunately about 0.1% likely as nobody comes close to matching their wages and they walk away free end of the season. Rule out any of them leaving.

Maupay? Brentford definitely won't buy him and no team will have been impressed by him watching his efforts this season and thinking they need to bring him in.

The only other asset is Pickford. Easily a £50m + keeper but no team in the league needs him and not many clubs abroad throw that money at goalkeepers, and the biggest clubs that could afford him are all well-stocked; PSG, Real, Barca, Atletico. Only Bayern are looking for a keeper in the next few years, but Neuer will be their number 1 next season still.

We cannot afford to let DCL leave, he's a £30m striker on his day (or compared with £28m Beto, a £100m one) and going into a season with Beto and Chermiti only would 100% guarantee 20th place and likely a new low points record.

With all that in mind, I think we can definitely rule out being about to generate anything like £150m in sales even if we wanted to sell Branthwaite, Onana and Pickford.

I see a horrible summer on the horizon, probably seeing Keane once again promoted to starting CB next season, Gueye and Onana having left us and a very poor and cheap replacement brought in to play alongside Garner and hoping neither pick up any kind of injury for 9 months. No doubt the club will end up bringing in another player that disappears to the ACON.

Contract extensions for Young and Coleman.

Good times Bill.
Agreed - that would be a fantastic deal if that’s all we have to pay other clubs to take them 😁

Well you’re delusional if you think dyche isn’t having a huge input in signings. As for Maupay pre dyche, he was signed on deadline day, because the only fit striker we had was Rondon, Thelwell and Lampard wanted Kudus and I think there were hoping for Broja on loan and ended up with either maupay or Che Adams on deadline day and Southampton wanted 25mil for Adams.

Do you think it was Thelwell who went for Ashley young
Unfortunately said poster seems to have an issue with Thelwell. Quite clearly and evidently throughout the history of the DoF role with our football club, it has been well documented that when a player is bought for the first team it is based on the mutual agreement of both the DoF and Coach, with a veto option for each but he just constantly blames Thelwell (who was buggered if Kenwright overruled him, like Brands (who he doesn’t seem to have an issue with) when Moshiri bought Gray as a ‘gift’ for Benitez.

Man U wanting Branthwaite in part exchange with Maguire is laughable to me. We're not stupid but we're not clever either. I wouldn't put it past us.
I'll take Dalot, McTominay plus £55m.

People definitely need to get the idea that we're getting anything like £80m+ for him out of their heads otherwise they're going to be extremely disappointed in two months.

Our CB is our 3rd highest PL scorer with 3 goals.

Whatever happens in the Summer, that needs addressing.

CBs.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back