Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yeah.... No.

That wouldn't wash.

It would be another breach which alone dictates a point deduction and any mitigation is lost when it's successive breaches, and more so if we're reported to have refused an opportunity to not breach.

As far as they'll be concerned is if you can sell a player to avoid breaching, then you sell that player. Not doing so is a deliberate 2 fingers up to rules that Everton agreed to.

Its presuming we are in breach this season though, what were we out for the second charge 16 mill, has that ground been made up.

Yeah.... No.

That wouldn't wash.

It would be another breach which alone dictates a point deduction and any mitigation is lost when it's successive breaches, and more so if we're reported to have refused an opportunity to not breach.

As far as they'll be concerned is if you can sell a player to avoid breaching, then you sell that player. Not doing so is a deliberate 2 fingers up to rules that Everton agreed to.

How did we get 6 points and then 2 points for our next breach then?

Its presuming we are in breach this season though, what were we out for the second charge 16 mill, has that ground been made up.

Well if we've not breached then there's no case to argue, is there?

I don't know what the score is with what got transferred over last season - but plenty in the game, including the bookies are factoring in point deduction for us already.

I think we should not sell anyone and take the 4 point deduction for which a precedent has been set.

That's evidently were we disagree.

I don't think there's set precedent - I did, until Forest got a lesser sentence than ours.

As I said earlier, they make it up as they go and we can't expect mitigation if we keep breaking it, and break it willingly (which refusing to sell players - no matter the reasoning) would be.

Keeping our best players is worth more than 4 points so I'd agree if it was just that - but I don't think it would be (there's also the hangover from last season) and the uncertainty is a killer.

Well if we've not breached then there's no case to argue, is there?

I don't know what the score is with what got transferred over last season - but plenty in the game, including the bookies are factoring in point deduction for us already.

We're all guessing mate really. Our three year cycle is:

Our three year cycle is:

21/22: £44.7 mill
22/23: £89.1 mill
23/24: ?

Total: 133.8

You can generally allow 25 mill deductions per season for youth, infrastructure and woman's football, so an estimate would be = 83.8 mill.

So we may have leeway of 21.2 mill, have Everton turned around a loss of £89.1 mill, to 21.2 mill, in a year.....

Player trading i think we made a profit last year.

I think we need dialogue with the Premier League. If we tell them we are absolutely selling Onana but the deal is unlikely to be done until after the Euros (and we categorically won’t play him again) then they might acknowledge that we are doing our best to be compliant.

We're all guessing mate really. Our three year cycle is:

Our three year cycle is:

21/22: £44.7 mill
22/23: £89.1 mill
23/24: ?

Total: 133.8

You can generally allow 25 mill deductions per season for youth, infrastructure and woman's football, so an estimate would be = 83.8 mill.

So we may have leeway of 21.2 mill, have Everton turned around a loss of £89.1 mill, to 21.2 mill, in a year.....

Player trading i think we made a profit last year.

No clue mate - it bores me to tears the financial side.

But I believe BBC/Sky Sports who have all said we need to sell 'before the end of June to stay in line with PSR', over whatever Everton are briefing favourable local journalists.

Maybe years of Everton lying and throwing their own fans under the bus have left a mark.

No clue mate - it bores me to tears the financial side.

But I believe BBC/Sky Sports who have all said we need to sell, over whatever Everton are briefing favourable local journalists.

Maybe years of Everton lying and throwing their own fans under the bus have left a mark.
We're all guessing really mate.

We've been done for figures of 19mill and 16 mill, have we turned that around - not impossible.

Maybe im an optimist but my thought was, it was the likes of Utd or agents briefing the media on Onana or Branthwaite, signalling their position to the market, setting the price in the market and trying to put pressure on the sale.

Where do these arbitory figures and counter figures come from - 50 mill, 60 mill, 70 mill.

On Brathwaite If he is to be sold and i dont believe we should. I dont care where he goes if its not here.

My hope would Chelsea coming in like drunk sailors.

The thing is if we said Branthwaite was up for sale better clubs than Man U would be sniffing and the price would go up anyway. This £40m price in the United press is fantasyland.

I think this window for us is going to be one where it feels stale and worrying and then everything happens quite quickly. I'd be surprised if both Onana/Branthwaite deals aren't immediately replaced with our targets.

Yeah.... No.

That wouldn't wash.

Seemed to wash with Forest. They didn’t get hit particularly heavy for deliberately delaying the Johnson sale.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back