Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Agree on holgate but maupay had a decent loan and keane would have teams in for him
Is not as bad as people think. Not good enough for us but lower prem team would do a good think be teams in italy/ france maybe promoted for maupay. Same with keane maybe italy again
We are one of the lower prem teams 🙄... he's not good enough for any prem team.

Agree on holgate but maupay had a decent loan and keane would have teams in for him
Is not as bad as people think. Not good enough for us but lower prem team would do a good think be teams in italy/ france maybe promoted for maupay. Same with keane maybe italy again
As @andy4efc said above their wages are a problem.

None of 3 of them are great but you might get a club interested if it wasn't for their wages being ridiculously disproportionate to their talent.

As @andy4efc said above their wages are a problem.

None of 3 of them are great but you might get a club interested if it wasn't for their wages being ridiculously disproportionate to their talent.
The incentive to play competitive football should be strong in players, but let's be honest, we foolishly have swung the balance with disproportionate wages.

The likes of Keane have a year left on their contract, so if they leave now they will lose a year's lucrative contract and the likelihood of a signing on fee next year.

When you're thirty-one and your career is in a downward trajectory, sadly he is going to want to squeeze as much money out as possible, and I understand why.

It's not like he's shone to the point where a calibre of club will come in and offer him enough wages to make the loss palatable. Holgate is even bloody worse!

For me, Holgate is one of those players who is genuinely a midtable Championship, at best!

The incentive to play competitive football should be strong in players, but let's be honest, we foolishly have swung the balance with disproportionate wages.

The likes of Keane have a year left on their contract, so if they leave now they will lose a year's lucrative contract and the likelihood of a signing on fee next year.

When you're thirty-one and your career is in a downward trajectory, sadly he is going to want to squeeze as much money out as possible, and I understand why.

It's not like he's shone to the point where a calibre of club will come in and offer him enough wages to make the loss palatable. Holgate is even bloody worse!

For me, Holgate is one of those players who is genuinely a midtable Championship, at best!
We should be making every effort to build up relations with Saudi clubs to try and get them to take those sorts of players

Exactly this.

It's blindingly apparent that the wages matter more to the likes of Keane than actually playing football does. At least Holgate went out on loan!

I wasnt suggesting that he only gets time at full back because hes a bad CB, just that he only gets any gametime at all because our full back positions have been criminally neglected for years.
Yeah, I understand that. My point is that were we to bring in someone at fullback then Godfrey could be our #3 CB. He's a better choice there than Keane is, IMHO.

Its because he typically plays as a DM for Belgium. With us hes a CM and out of his comfort zone.

So you have never seen them play. Because their best players are the young ones.

Such a wrong and lazy post.

Never seen Leeds play? Sorry Zat wrong again, we get the championship live for free here in Oz, watched quite a bit of Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and ipswich this season.

One day you might take your head out of the clouds and realise where we are as a club and the best we will get without new ownership is current players, loans and frees plus one or maybe two Beto/chermiti type deals

Exactly this.

It's blindingly apparent that the wages matter more to the likes of Keane than actually playing football does. At least Holgate went out on loan!

Yes, i posted similar yesterday.

The hope is that an offer comes in which is for 4 or 5 years. Giving these players security and regular game time rather than risking 12months of no football in the hope someone offers more when theyre out of contract

Never seen Leeds play? Sorry Zat wrong again, we get the championship live for free here in Oz, watched quite a bit of Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and ipswich this season.

One day you might take your head out of the clouds and realise where we are as a club and the best we will get without new ownership is current players, loans and frees plus one or maybe two Beto/chermiti type deals

You're quick to say that you have seen Leeds play.

Yet you dont see their better players are their younger ones.

I think that says alot about you.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back