Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Collins looked tremendous????

He lost his place in the Wolves team in February! Being in the match day squad for the remaining 18 games of the season but only starting 2! Is that tremendous?

I meant Burnley. Cant remember him being at Wolves :o

Ignore him he's never seen any of these players play he just repeats what he's heard other people say about anyone under 21.

Wow cracking insults.

Wonder whats next...perhaps pick out one of the 11 players in Evertons first choice team that ive been wrong about?

No? Nothing?

This didnt go as you planned did it...

Your 10p has run out.

Ffs, dyche plays him when out two main cbs aren’t fit. He wasn’t told to go unlike holgste
It’s common sense ffs
I think Michael Keane may well want to leave so that he can play every week.
However, we may be able to let him go as we are so short of numbers and clearly can't afford to spend money on signing players for positions where we already have cover.

Unfortunately a lot of supporters seem to think that transfers are like some board game played with dice. To be clear it isn't

When a player leaves there may be a balance of a contract to be paid if they are on a high wage, there will possibly be a loyalty bonus if the player has not asked to move and certainly agents are not doing this for free.

Then we have to sign a replacement with signing on fees and then more agent fees, apart altogether from salary issues and possible image right that are all part of modern football.

It's as if some have learned nothing from our transfer market excesses in recent years.

Yes, we have to strengthen the squad, we have to manage this somehow with a probable zero budget and with only one or two players we are content to sell without badly damaging the squad.

We need to keep the existing squad together as much as possible, hope that we can bring in a couple of good loans, hope that maybe a couple of players are ready to come up from the academy and hope we have some funds that will allow us to sign a couple of promising young players in our weakest positions.

Jarrad Branthwaite has had a hugely successful season playing alongside Tarkowski.

He is still such a young player and at Everton next season he should player nearly every game in league and cup allowing him to get the experience he needs to maybe move to a CL club in the future.

He has years ahead of him and plenty of time to get the move he wants.

We got REALLY lucky last Season IMO, Tarks, Branners and Pickford played almost every game.

So yes, we had the luxury of not calling on Keane.

But as you say, he was fit, available and im sure he trained every game and he was there if the team needed him, like Gomes.

Its a squad game, people tend to forget that, but they certainly remember it when we get injuries and we go down the list.

But sure, if somebody wants Keane, by all means he should leave to get games, but if we were to lose Keane and Holgate we would certainly need to replace 1 of them, cos I dont think 3 CBs is enough for a PL season.

I’d rather see one of the young lads step up at CB as fourth choice than give Keane another go. I’d even rather keep Holgate than try Keane again. Dyche might be able to calm Holgate down and everyone looks better without Keane playing murderball in his own box.

Tarkowski Branthwaite Godfrey Holgate Welch.

Keane out to Wrexham or Real Leeds.

I’d rather see one of the young lads step up at CB as fourth choice than give Keane another go. I’d even rather keep Holgate than try Keane again. Dyche might be able to calm Holgate down and everyone looks better without Keane playing murderball in his own box.

Well I certainly wasnt suggesting we retain Keane or Holgate, but its not really up to us.

Jarrad Branthwaite has had a hugely successful season playing alongside Tarkowski.

He is still such a young player and at Everton next season he should player nearly every game in league and cup allowing him to get the experience he needs to maybe move to a CL club in the future.

He has years ahead of him and plenty of time to get the move he wants.

If he forces his way into the England squad and is with Pickford there, he hopefully sees that he gets the benefit of both worlds as Pickford has.

Only thing we lack in his progression is European football.

Would be good if we could move on Godfrey, Keane and Holgate with their deals up in 12months...then bring in 1 young player to develop and an experienced loan signing.

I think Michael Keane may well want to leave so that he can play every week.
However, we may be able to let him go as we are so short of numbers and clearly can't afford to spend money on signing players for positions where we already have cover.

Unfortunately a lot of supporters seem to think that transfers are like some board game played with dice. To be clear it isn't

When a player leaves there may be a balance of a contract to be paid if they are on a high wage, there will possibly be a loyalty bonus if the player has not asked to move and certainly agents are not doing this for free.

Then we have to sign a replacement with signing on fees and then more agent fees, apart altogether from salary issues and possible image right that are all part of modern football.

It's as if some have learned nothing from our transfer market excesses in recent years.

Yes, we have to strengthen the squad, we have to manage this somehow with a probable zero budget and with only one or two players we are content to sell without badly damaging the squad.

We need to keep the existing squad together as much as possible, hope that we can bring in a couple of good loans, hope that maybe a couple of players are ready to come up from the academy and hope we have some funds that will allow us to sign a couple of promising young players in our weakest positions.

Good and fair points. However, in terms of 'squad' players that arent good enough to compete with starters...surely theres limited risk in moving them on and replacing ?

Keane & Holgate for example surely wont ever force their way in. Yes it may cost us more (even if we got fees) to replace them, but we'd need to do that in 12months time anyway.

I hope we can at least bring in one player who can push the starting two in 12months time.

If he forces his way into the England squad and is with Pickford there, he hopefully sees that he gets the benefit of both worlds as Pickford has.

Only thing we lack in his progression is European football.

Would be good if we could move on Godfrey, Keane and Holgate with their deals up in 12months...then bring in 1 young player to develop and an experienced loan signing.

I just think we saw Welch Warrington Onyango getting game time years ago under Carlo. They’re either ready for an opportunity in the squad (considering we can’t buy many new players and have lost a lot of players recently) or they never will be and we should ship them out to lower league teams (like we did Simms and Cannon)

I’d rather let Welch make a few mistakes than watch Keane make the same ones over and over

Unless we sell to raise funds I guess. Judging by media output I would guess the club are willing to sell Onana. So if that happens maybe we’ll have something to spend
I would imagine any money raised will be needed for the day to day running of the club .
Again this is what Thelwell intimated earlier.

I just think we saw Welch Warrington Onyango getting game time years ago under Carlo. They’re either ready for an opportunity in the squad (considering we can’t buy many new players and have lost a lot of players recently) or they never will be and we should ship them out to lower league teams (like we did Simms and Cannon)

I’d rather let Welch make a few mistakes than watch Keane make the same ones over and over

Think the general consensus is Welch needs loans as hes not a 'battler' and doesnt have an edge.

I suspect Dyche was right about the u21s group. We'll need to hope the groups below have some diamonds to develop and we can make a couple of cheap signings as well.

we can’t sell a whole team to stay affloat mate - the new owners will sort it all out i’m sure
so we will sell but we will buy
We will loan .
We won’t buy (probably)
New owners ( if any arrive ) won’t be in position for this transfer window.
Any new owners will have to be approved by the PL after any agreement is reached with Moshiri .
Meanwhile the club has to meet its running cost without access to 777’s dodgy loans. Any profit from player sales will be needed to keep the club running .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back