Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Says who?

Rutter got 8 goals in the Championship? Is that being one of there best players? Piroe got more & Bamford (who is terrible) got the same!

Dan James out performed Gnonto in terms of goals scored and turning up in big games!

Ampadu was very good first half of season but dropped off a cliff 2nd half (don't know if that's being moved to centre back or just a young player being naive to how long the season is). He could of easily been put back in centre mid and put Cooper in who would of shown that experience of promotion in the run in!

Leed's problem is they ended up having to rely on the talented young players and they didn't have enough experience to get over the line!

Look at that Championship final, all very huff and puff with none of your list of great leeds players stepping up wheras Southampton pretty much fielded the most experienced side they could, leaving the likes of Charles, Edozie & Sulemana on the bench opting for your Stephens', Downes', Frasers' & Armstorongs'
Absolutely nailed it, well said!

Agree on holgate but maupay had a decent loan and keane would have teams in for him
Is not as bad as people think. Not good enough for us but lower prem team would do a good think be teams in italy/ france maybe promoted for maupay. Same with keane maybe italy again
Maupay in europe is an option yeah.

Keane though, there has never been any smoke of interest around him. Must be on a good wedge so will be very hard to shift!

Yes, i posted similar yesterday.

The hope is that an offer comes in which is for 4 or 5 years. Giving these players security and regular game time rather than risking 12months of no football in the hope someone offers more when theyre out of contract

You're quick to say that you have seen Leeds play.

Yet you dont see their better players are their younger ones.

I think that says alot about you.
Their better players didn't get them
promoted, as a team they were crap, lots of huffing and puffing, chasing around!

No one stood out consistently, neither young or old, they needed experience to get them over the line, they fell over to a Southampton team ( twice in a month) who are also terrible!

Finally, and I have noticed when people disagree with you it seems you revert to rudeness, or someone is bullying you, might be an idea to go on a self awareness course, you might benefit from it!

So, moving forward what middle aged journeyman do you expect us to sign as we have no money and have to sell the Crown Jewels again just to balance the books?

The incentive to play competitive football should be strong in players, but let's be honest, we foolishly have swung the balance with disproportionate wages.

The likes of Keane have a year left on their contract, so if they leave now they will lose a year's lucrative contract and the likelihood of a signing on fee next year.

When you're thirty-one and your career is in a downward trajectory, sadly he is going to want to squeeze as much money out as possible, and I understand why.

It's not like he's shone to the point where a calibre of club will come in and offer him enough wages to make the loss palatable. Holgate is even bloody worse!

For me, Holgate is one of those players who is genuinely a midtable Championship, at best!
Holgate.
Sad case really. He was decent enough for a while when selected but then had a run of form which if I'm not mistaken had his name muttered as an outside possibility for an England cap. All went downhill in that pre season game at Goodison against Preston. He tried a bit of showboating and was caught out and lost the ball. In an effort to recover it he got injured and missed half the new season. Never regained his form.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back