Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Like when Rights and Media could swerve MSPs takeover.

The club isnt in our control, its owned by shady evil people offshore.

IMG_7280.webp

They want his pace, so I think there is every chance tbh, Italy is not the defensive league it used to be and he might suit German football more with his running.
Yeah I can actually see Godfrey doing really well in one of those leagues, he’s a good player, been a bit unlucky with injuries and not really been able to find a position but I think he could be successful elsewhere.

Its his contract that makes him marketable in my opinion mate - for those club he has six months left before he can sign on a free and they bring that to the negotiating table.
Yes he does have that which makes him easier to obtain but he is better suited towards euro football than the PL, he isn't up to the level here imo, just a gap filler here. He could have a half decent career in somewhere like Italy, look what it's done for Lookman.

They want his pace, so I think there is every chance tbh, Italy is not the defensive league it used to be and he might suit German football more with his running.

Yeah I can actually see Godfrey doing really well in one of those leagues, he’s a good player, been a bit unlucky with injuries and not really been able to find a position but I think he could be successful elsewhere.

Its his contract that makes him marketable in my opinion mate - for those club he has six months left before he can sign on a free and they bring that to the negotiating table.

Another player last year of deal so need sell or sign him to a new one. Crazy the amount of money lost from letting players go on a free this poor recruitment just never looks to end

He's the better of our Godfrey, Keane and Holgate group.

If we could move all 3 on for £20mil total and save at a guess £200k a week in wages I think we'd all be rather happy.

Yes he does have that which makes him easier to obtain but he is better suited towards euro football than the PL, he isn't up to the level here imo, just a gap filler here. He could have a half decent career in somewhere like Italy, look what it's done for Lookman.

Out of all the back up centre half's he had a role to play and he's a useful utility given he can cover at full back. Given his contract situation we have to look at it though mate.

We are in a bit of a precarious position at centre half, Keane, Holgate and Godfreys contracts all expire at the same time. While the situation with Young Superstar is going to be fluid.

Im less worried about loosing the players, bar Branthwaite, but more the cost in replacing them.

Out of all the back up centre half's he had a role to play and he's a useful utility given he over at full back. Given his contract situation we have to look at it.

We are in a bit of a precarious position at centre half, Keane, Holgate and Godfreys contracts all expire at the same time. While the situation with Young Superstar is going to be fluid.

Im less worried about loosing the players, bar Branthwaite, but more the cost in replacing them.
It is an issue I agree but Godfrey is best filling in a FB, he has shown before that he just isn't physically big enough to play CB. Branthwaite will stay for another season imo, I don't see clubs meeting our valuation of the player.

Out of all the back up centre half's he had a role to play and he's a useful utility given he can cover at full back. Given his contract situation we have to look at it though mate.

Realistically we wont sell all 3.

If we solely moved Godfrey on then we still have 4 CBs and the £10mil and wages saved goes into the pot.

Sell two and replace with one signing with the balance into the pot.

Has to be seen as a positive either way

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back