Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think that's why it's interesting. Was very obvious journalists were briefed to downplay it.

The whole fire sale narrative thing makes stuff very difficult for us.

It makes people we want to retain, such as Calvert-Lewin who's in contract talks, probably have 2nd thoughts and it also does very little to enable us to attract players either.

I'm not at all surprised the club tried to kill that off. Even if it's true (no way of knowing), the actual story being out there does us no favours

I think that's why it's interesting. Was very obvious journalists were briefed to downplay it.
Yep
That's why I say it's ameturist of Matterface .
It's in no one's interest to be blurting out the need to sell as mentioned by Darragh Mc Anthony . Even Keiran Maguire was playing it down ( very different from a week or two ago ).

It makes people we want to retain, such as Calvert-Lewin who's in contract talks, probably have 2nd thoughts and it also does very little to enable us to attract players either.

I'm not at all surprised the club tried to kill that off. Even if it's true (no way of knowing), the actual story being out there does us no favours

Agree mate but how the club has been ran for a long time now, and the DOF providing an update to fans saying to expect sales tells it's own story.

I reckon we need to make a decent sale by the end of the month - and 3 of the 4 potential players who could sell for a fair bit could be at the Euros until after that deadline.

Agree mate but how the club has been ran for a long time now, and the DOF providing an update to fans saying to expect sales tells it's own story.

I reckon we need to make a decent sale by the end of the month - and 3 of the 4 potential players who could sell for a fair bit could be at the Euros until after that deadline.

Branthwaite won’t go to the Euros imo. Southgate has a hard on for Dunk, Guehi, Gomez and Konsa, he’ll 100% take them.

If you got the balls and you're coming up. Why not rise to the challenge of being adored at a fantastic football club and become a hero in the final season at one of the greatest stadiums on earth and lead them into a new era at a new incredible stadium? We need players with this kind of hunger.

We missed out on Gyokeres from Coventry last year when he chose to go to Sporting. I just saw he finished the season with 43 goals in 50 appearances. Wow, granted, it's not the PL, but still an impressive tally. There is certainly talent to be found in the Championship, we just need to do a better job scouting and identifying that talent a bit earlier. Likewise we should be scouting more aggressively for bargains in other parts of the world.
I don't think we missed out per say. Coventry just told us to jog on after we said "can we sign your top scorer for bugger-all up front, and then £2mil a year for 10 years please?"

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back