Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Forson and Shoretire leaving United this summer. Forson a right winger and Shoretire an attacking midfielder.

Added to centre forward, Benjamin leaving Arsenal and theres 3 low cost 18-20 year old English attacking players to bring into the squad.
Yep good call Zat .

English low cost and......crap.

Just as an example Shoretire was at loan at Bolton last season and the attacking midfielder really ripped it up in L1 scoring 1 goal and 0 assists in 16 games.

None of them would be ready for a PL squad.

Forson has already been in Uniteds squad and on the pitch for a handful of games.

The other two can be developed.

You'd need a much stronger sales pitch for Wharton. Unless he was desperately homesick I see no reason why he'd consider leaving Palace for us right now. He's already at a club that has gotten him into the England squad alongside a number of his club mates. "Bigger" means very little unless you're going to challenge for trophies.

Agreed, not easy. But if we did sell Onana for a big amount then its worth a try if we can spend the money.

I like to shut Zat down as much as anyone, but i quite like the 'released' players at that age.
Reaull Walters has left Arsenal also.
A lot of the academy lads from the top clubs are all of similar talent, its all about unlocking that!
It depends if there is space for them in the squad and if the manager would be willing to use them though! If not its completely pointless

Walters is meant to be highly rated. Was he released or refused a contract?

Wouldn’t be surprised if we’re in for Ben Johnson at WHU and Charlie Taylor at Burnley, two frees, but I’d say Johnson may mean some compo to WHU.

I think Young would be the LB cover so maybe not Taylor but Johnson can play multiple positions so not a bad option for the bench?

Yeah, massive drawback of Dyche is the potential pool of players coming in is massively reduced.

I think there could be a thought that young English players see some of our kids like Branthwaite, Dobbin and Chermiti and have the belief they can have a chance.

Especially as competition isnt very strong in our squad.

Yep good call Zat .

English low cost and......crap.

Just as an example Shoretire was at loan at Bolton last season and the attacking midfielder really ripped it up in L1 scoring 1 goal and 0 assists in 16 games.

I didnt know that, just saw his name lumped in with Forson. He was meant to be highly rated at United -- loans arent always a good barometer though.

Aside from him i think Forson and Benjamin could be decent and @Raino85 mentioned Walters as well.

Forson possibly backup to Harrison and Walters may look at Coleman and see he has an opportunity at RB.

There must be plenty of others across the globe.

Wernt we linked with and everyone raved about jovic ? He moved around the same time as Leo went to Milan I think.

What happened to him? Went to real didn’t he?
Yeah...seems to have lost his way.

Still a player in there,sometimes a player and a club and player click,I think we could get a tune of him and he's on a free so it would suit us.

I'm saying Ashley Young has done an ok job this season

Please elaborate … offers nothing from an attacking point of view. He has also gifted the opposition goals , been sent off, scored own goals, given pens away and is constantly targeted and being run ragged by opposition. He played ok in two of the games in our final run in but let’s not forget him being cack for the rest of the time..

Oh and let’s not forget how lucky we were that he didn’t give notts Forrest two pens in our must win game against them at goodison …

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back