Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I see the Club are wanting to take a look at Dele Alli in preseason to ensure he is both injury free and up to actually playing football, before thinking about giving him an extension.
(Unlikely on all counts I would guess)

He is currently in holiday in Japan.

Would have put this in his thread but it has been locked for some reason.
Of course he is!

I mean, you'd think he would want to work that bit harder if chasing a contract after 2 years on the sidelines. I know he has had a hard time but you have you have to put the extra yard in for this league

Forson and Shoretire leaving United this summer. Forson a right winger and Shoretire an attacking midfielder.

Added to centre forward, Benjamin leaving Arsenal and theres 3 low cost 18-20 year old English attacking players to bring into the squad.
I like to shut Zat down as much as anyone, but i quite like the 'released' players at that age.
Reaull Walters has left Arsenal also.
A lot of the academy lads from the top clubs are all of similar talent, its all about unlocking that!
It depends if there is space for them in the squad and if the manager would be willing to use them though! If not its completely pointless

Tanganga is Spurs' version of Holgate but without the chewing gum!
He was 'meh' at Milwall last season!

Depends on how much money we really have. Tanganga is versatile and is a bit younger than Holgate. If we have barely any manoeuvrability it can be a one in and one out that we have on less money. If it's a 2-3 year contract you're not hamstrung by that on the wage bill either. Sessegnon would provide the LB cover we sorely need and is an attacking one at that.

Obviously if either wanted high wages it would be a no go but I think as squad players they're alright on short term deals, again, if manoeuvrability is really low.

Depends on how much money we really have. Tanganga is versatile and is a bit younger than Holgate. If we have barely any manoeuvrability it can be a one in and one out that we have on less money. If it's a 2-3 year contract you're not hamstrung by that on the wage bill either. Sessegnon would provide the LB cover we sorely need and is an attacking one at that.

Obviously if either wanted high wages it would be a no go but I think as squad players they're alright on short term deals, again, if manoeuvrability is really low.

How is this cover?

Must have some pace, hamstrings always a problem for lads with pace.

Must have played a lot quite young and still developing physically, it always amazes me how often that still happens.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we’re in for Ben Johnson at WHU and Charlie Taylor at Burnley, two frees, but I’d say Johnson may mean some compo to WHU.

I like to shut Zat down as much as anyone, but i quite like the 'released' players at that age.
Reaull Walters has left Arsenal also.
A lot of the academy lads from the top clubs are all of similar talent, its all about unlocking that!
It depends if there is space for them in the squad and if the manager would be willing to use them though! If not its completely pointless
Yeah, massive drawback of Dyche is the potential pool of players coming in is massively reduced.

your better doing an Ashley Young/ Andros Townsend style signing if you are looking to replace a squad player. A stop gap for a year or 2, instead of someone like Tanganga who..........like Holgate is someone it hasn't gone right for along the way and you don't know what they would be like being a squad player.
The likes of Young/Townsend, despite hat people have said etc. have played at the top level there whole careers, have shown the correct attitude and wont become disalusioned!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back