Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Agree but think a better 10 on the ball whose pacy will bring a lot more goals for this team than with Doucs as the main man.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some pace on the wings, but may be putting cart before the horse without a 'baller' at 10, given Dycheball.
I spend money on some young projects or loans for the wing to balance spending at 10.
The type wingers we need right now are out our price range and (we need two of them for balance) - as it turns out we let two of these type go, Richarlison and Gordon

If Onana is sold would you replace with CM or AM

Looking at the squad, theres a few areas that we need to improve. Numerous rotation / banch options for example across most of the 11.

However, I think we lack three things in the 11:

High potential young players that increase squad value -- both to build a 'new' team and also to sell in future if needs be, plus of course to give us some brand value when we move stadiums.

If we sold Onana and were able to use all the money, I'd be after Wharton (sales pitch is that we are a bigger club, new stadium and can be part of an England national team spine with Pickford and Branthwaite). I'd also be after Gray from Leeds for the same reasons, although he would begin as a rotation option.

They would be expensive signings and while others prefer we pay off debts asap i tend to see the stadium as a new owner changing the game next summer.

For me its more about focusing on young English players that can reach the top level than anything else.

We've no money and you're talking about a young rising star like Gray joining us ? Utterly deluded.

I could see something like Braithwaite going to utd and McTominey plus cash coming the other way.
McT to replace Onana and that cash to buy a CB

We've no money and you're talking about a young rising star like Gray joining us ? Utterly deluded.

"If we sold Onana and were able to use all the money"

"They would be expensive signings and while others prefer we pay off debts asap i tend to see the stadium as a new owner changing the game next summer."

"sales pitch is that we are a bigger club, new stadium and can be part of an England national team spine with Pickford and Branthwaite"

Perhaps wait until you've had a coffee before posting?

"If we sold Onana and were able to use all the money"

"They would be expensive signings and while others prefer we pay off debts asap i tend to see the stadium as a new owner changing the game next summer."

"sales pitch is that we are a bigger club, new stadium and can be part of an England national team spine with Pickford and Branthwaite"

Perhaps wait until you've had a coffee before posting?
You'd need a much stronger sales pitch for Wharton. Unless he was desperately homesick I see no reason why he'd consider leaving Palace for us right now. He's already at a club that has gotten him into the England squad alongside a number of his club mates. "Bigger" means very little unless you're going to challenge for trophies.

Forson and Shoretire leaving United this summer. Forson a right winger and Shoretire an attacking midfielder.

Added to centre forward, Benjamin leaving Arsenal and theres 3 low cost 18-20 year old English attacking players to bring into the squad.
Now this is more like it. Although don't necessarily agree with shipping Warrington and Hunt out. Hunt in particularwas with 1st team squad for a great deal of last season. Seems harsh and not well considered.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back