Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

We have also been through like 10 managers or whatever in that time all with different playing styles.
Yep and for Dycheball the answer may lie in speed through the middle (10).
Dyche undoubtedly values endurance over speed. A fast and loose winger amongst a tight rest of the team would probably give him piles, and see him lucky to get off the bench.
In the middle Doucs ticks a lot of boxes for Dyche and is good at gaining ground within the pack, without the ball - but he's a major let down with the ball on a quick counter (as is Dom in support).
It's a hard ask but if a 10 could be found to do what Doucs does but have that extra on the ball in the counter - this team might just start to swing and swagger and players like Dobbin suiting the play

Yep and for Dycheball the answer may lie in speed through the middle (10).
Dyche undoubtedly values endurance over speed. A fast and loose winger amongst a tight rest of the team would probably give him piles, and see him lucky to get off the bench.
In the middle Doucs ticks a lot of boxes for Dyche and is good at gaining ground within the pack, without the ball - but he's a major let down with the ball on a quick counter (as is Dom in support).
It's a hard ask but if a 10 could be found to do what Doucs does but have that extra on the ball in the counter - this team might just start to swing and swagger and players like Dobbin suiting the play

Doucoure eats up the ground & both Garner and Onana have been named in the last two seasons as being amongst the quickest in the league.

Doucoure eats up the ground & both Garner and Onana have been named in the last two seasons as being amongst the quickest in the league.
Agree but think a better 10 on the ball whose pacy will bring a lot more goals for this team than with Doucs as the main man.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some pace on the wings, but may be putting cart before the horse without a 'baller' at 10, given Dycheball.
I spend money on some young projects or loans for the wing to balance spending at 10.
The type wingers we need right now are out our price range and (we need two of them for balance) - as it turns out we let two of these type go, Richarlison and Gordon

They want his pace, so I think there is every chance tbh, Italy is not the defensive league it used to be and he might suit German football more with his running.
Not having it...

This has to be made up tripe... i wouldnt be suprised to see him leave,, but more likely mid- to-lower level prem, or even a champ team challenging.

Hes just not that good. But slightly better than keane and holgate

I'm more worried that anything worth selling will be gone this summer and we will be left with a few championship level loans, Keane back in defense, old man Young playing every game, lack of goals and injuries. This is going to be harder than the last few seasons.

Agree but think a better 10 on the ball whose pacy will bring a lot more goals for this team than with Doucs as the main man.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some pace on the wings, but may be putting cart before the horse without a 'baller' at 10, given Dycheball.
I spend money on some young projects or loans for the wing to balance spending at 10.
The type wingers we need right now are out our price range and (we need two of them for balance) - as it turns out we let two of these type go, Richarlison and Gordon
100% lost count the amount of times we loose the ball by a poor pass or control. Doucore will still have a part to play but we must get players who are better on the ball

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back