Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Is there a second Iwobi that I don't know about.

I don't know of a single person(you being the exception) that one season after his sales that even vaguely regrets his leaving.

Thelwell deserves a new contract based on that sale and fee alone.
Lol, is Big Ig still banging the Iwobi drum?! He really loves that dude, it's weird.

We picked up 14 more points and scored 6 more goals over the season, so yes we did. We also got more points than the team he joined. We are better without Alex Iwobi, deal with it.
Big Ig once told me that goals and assists were low value stats (we were talking about Iwobi, of course) and it seems that points also must be low value. I do wonder what a high value stat is. I guess if I look at the stats that support Iwobi as a good player that might be my first clue!

Big Ig once told me that goals and assists were low value stats (we were talking about Iwobi, of course) and it seems that points also must be low value. I do wonder what a high value stat is. I guess if I look at the stats that support Iwobi as a good player that might be my first clue!
He always praised Iwobi for his progressive carries stats, which is literally running with the ball.

I imagine the problem here is that it’s Iwobi, who everyone dislikes, and not so much that the players we have who we still want to like are actually better. Harrison is a truly terrible player at this level, Doucoure has no impact on games where deflections aren’t creating goals for him and McNeil, who I still have some hope for, is so horribly miscast as a wide player looking to cross that I just can’t see any use for any of them.
Mcneil so horribly miscast as a wide player that he came fifth for most big chances created behind only salah, de bruyne, son and Bruno Fernandes despite us being a near relegation team.

Doucoure no impact on games without deflections despite scoring from outside the box to keep us in the premier league, end being our joint top scorer last season and joint second for assists.

Constant attack of dyche despite more than likely if it wasn’t for him we’d have no longer been a premiership team and in doing so either in administration or gone bankrupt.

Honestly man it’s like you don’t watch Everton or football but just chat so much nonsense then repeat the same nonsense over and over

He always praised Iwobi for his progressive carries stats, which is literally running with the ball.

He must’ve really improved Fulham with all of those progressive carries.

IMG_7365.webp

IMG_7366.webp

Erm. Oh.

Mcneil so horribly miscast as a wide player that he came fifth for most big chances created behind only salah, de bruyne, son and Bruno Fernandes despite us being a near relegation team.

Doucoure no impact on games without deflections despite scoring from outside the box to keep us in the premier league, end being our joint top scorer last season and joint second for assists.

Constant attack of dyche despite more than likely if it wasn’t for him we’d have no longer been a premiership team and in doing so either in administration or gone bankrupt.

Honestly man it’s like you don’t watch Everton or football but just chat so much nonsense then repeat the same nonsense over and over
The Doucoure paragraph is really funny because first you went to a goal that didn’t even happen last season and then you tried to reference his goals which all came off of rebounds and deflections and is the exact point I’m making.

Dyche is not the only manager on Earth that could have managed us to staying in the league. My problem with him is and will always be the lack of even an attempt to improve the team month on month. We aren’t perfect so we shouldn’t just do the same stuff for ever and ever. Find new solutions to problems!

….i read 19 points gained from the games Doucoure scored in.
Not that anyone cares but they do this in baseball a lot where they go “x team is 20-2 when this crap player gets a hit” and it’s a no crap situation that shockingly it is easier to win a game when a bad player does something useful. We should never lose when Doucoure scores because those are the few games we play 11v11 instead of 11v10.5

Not that anyone cares but they do this in baseball a lot where they go “x team is 20-2 when this crap player gets a hit” and it’s a no crap situation that shockingly it is easier to win a game when a bad player does something useful. We should never lose when Doucoure scores because those are the few games we play 11v11 instead of 11v10.5

….he’s been a critical player for us these last 18 months and a major reason we remain in the top flight. I get the impression Dyche is as frustrated as many of us with Doucoure’s lack of quality in possession (substituted a number of times late this season) but he can only work with what he has.

The first part of that will brook no argument from me.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back