Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

A good use of his £13m wasn’t going to see us get up 7 places mate.
I was talking generally not looking at in quite the basic way you are sorry. We had the basis of a good team and in a number of seasons before and after that one we weren't that far from the top 4 so a bit more quality being added to the team could have had a big impact on us I think theres a good argument that signing Van Dijk instead of Funes Mori could have had that type of impact and the same thing with Niasse sorry I don't have an exact player in mind who we could have bought 8 years ago but the principle is sound. But we can just ignore the bit about the champions league because that wasn't really the point and niasse will still be very high on the list of bad signings we've made because he was absolutely terrible and cost quite a lot of money for us at the time.

Well every single piece of evidence suggests we did, sadly.
This is not true at all, I’m glad we found ways to win a bit more but there are still major issues in our team that we are crucially not trying to fix. This is more a Dyche discussion though so I’ll leave it there.

This is not true at all, I’m glad we found ways to win a bit more but there are still major issues in our team that we are crucially not trying to fix. This is more a Dyche discussion though so I’ll leave it there.

We picked up 14 more points and scored 6 more goals over the season, so yes we did. We also got more points than the team he joined. We are better without Alex Iwobi, deal with it.

I was talking generally not looking at in quite the basic way you are sorry. We had the basis of a good team and in a number of seasons before and after that one we weren't that far from the top 4 so a bit more quality being added to the team could have had a big impact on us I think theres a good argument that signing Van Dijk instead of Funes Mori could have had that type of impact and the same thing with Niasse sorry I don't have an exact player in mind who we could have bought 8 years ago but the principle is sound. But we can just ignore the bit about the champions league because that wasn't really the point and niasse will still be very high on the list of bad signings we've made because he was absolutely terrible and cost quite a lot of money for us at the time.
finishing 8th doesn’t mean close to top 4.

finishing 8th doesn’t mean close to top 4.
Like I've already said I was just talking generally for quite a few years we were seen as the best of the rest and it felt like one or two players with a little bit more quality could have seen us actually achieve something its just opinion isn't it if you disagree its no big deal. My opinion is that we bought Niasse for 13 mil and he made 12 starts for us so just his transfer fee alone cost us over a million pounds a start before we even get on to his wages or the fact that he was the worst technical player i've ever seen in an Everton kit. He had a good month about 2 years after we bought him and 3 years before he left so if your opinion is that he wasn't a bad signing because of that then good for you but i'll respectfully disagree with you.

We picked up 14 more points and scored 6 more goals over the season, so yes we did. We also got more points than the team he joined. We are better without Alex Iwobi, deal with it.
Well you slice off half a year of Frank Lampard and that’s pretty much the minimum you’d expect

Oh really?

I think you’re misunderstanding me. Dyche is a real manager. A bad one. But a real one.

Frank Lampard is not a real manager. You could put Jason Sudeikis not in character as Ted Lasso in charge and it would have been closer to real management potentially. So there was improvement there. It’s not fixed.

Iwobi contributed to the isolation ball here. You can argue it was because he was marooned to the right wing, but once we got rid of him the team improved immensely. We aren’t perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but when I see us we are a team that actually connects and shows for the ball. For whatever reason, that wasn’t happening until this year. It has been a problem for a while.

I think you’re misunderstanding me. Dyche is a real manager. A bad one. But a real one.

Frank Lampard is not a real manager. You could put Jason Sudeikis not in character as Ted Lasso in charge and it would have been closer to real management potentially. So there was improvement there. It’s not fixed.

You rate Dyche so lowly that you think he should’ve never been appointed. But now for the purposes of this discussion because we happen to be discussing Iwobi, it suits you to say that he’s single handedly dragged us to being 14 points and 6 goals better off than we were when we had Iwobi.

Why can’t you just hold your hands up and let this Iwobi thing go. You’ve still got him as your avatar. He left, we got better, and we haven’t missed him. Just leave it.

You rate Dyche so lowly that you think he should’ve never been appointed. But now for the purposes of this discussion because we happen to be discussing Iwobi, it suits you to say that he’s single handedly dragged us to being 14 points and 6 goals better off than we were when we had Iwobi.

Why can’t you just hold your hands up and let this Iwobi thing go. You’ve still got him as your avatar. He left, we got better, and we haven’t missed him. Just leave it.
Yes mate I can in good conscious say that Dyche, who is bad and who should not have been appointed, is that much better than Lampard to the extent of an improvement of that margin.

I can also say that I’d rather have Iwobi than, for instance, Jack Harrison and that he’s a more valuable player than Harrison which was the original point.

I can also hold the opinion that selling Iwobi was correct given the manager we did choose and the financial situation we find ourselves in.

None of it is contradictory actually!

Is it really necessary to add the bit about us actually needing to be able to afford him before we agree to buy him? That seems pretty obvious to me.
I should think there's something going on in the background which suggests we're soon going to be a lot better off than we currently are. It's a no-brainer - Everton are a club with huge potential - the stadium alone is going to generate ££££££££s, especially given its position as a 'Welcome to Liverpool, the home of The Beatles" thing. Given that Paul McCartney is a Blue, a statue of him, or all of the Fab Four, by the ground would ensure extra visitors.

It would also wind up the RS, an added bonus.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back