Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

On the topic of transfers I reckon if you put together an all time bad PL transfers 11, we’d definitely be the club with the most players, if not have a majority outright.

Think about it, Niasse / Tosun, Gbamin, Bolasie all get in basically automatically, then there’s huge cases for other players like Delph, Sandro, Klaasen and many others. Lower fees might save some in the hypothetical argument maybe.

It is scary though when you think of what dross we’ve brought in, many of those scouts and all that are probably still at the club too. We can’t risk any more silly money, Maupay there is looking very recent as an example. Need to see a massive improvement in the players we identify and buy.

No chance

Niasse wouldn’t be anywhere near it.

Gbamin got crocked, there’s a difference between being a terrible player and being permanently injured. Sandro was a free signing and Delph was about 7 mill and played quite a bit for us.

There’s players that have been bought for 70 mill plus that aren’t even getting on the pitch for some teams!

I don’t think we’d even have a single player in an all time PL worst transfers 11.

Let's replace a striker who seems over his injury crisis with a player whose just starting his. Be annoyed if we did this. Kev and Dyche have a 'I can fix him' fetish or something?

Of all the bad transfer we have made, he is well down the list. Had one of the best goals per minutes rates in the league in that Koeman season when he didn’t even have a locker.

May not have been technical, but he knew where to be and he did score a couple of crackers.
He's very high on the list come on! You can't just look at that one season he played for us for 5 years and didn't score in 4 of them! He signed at a time when a good use of that money could have seen us getting in the top 4 and instead we got someone who was well out of his depth it was a terrible transfer.