Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Starting to make me want Roma to buy Branthwaite for £80mil now, and than Friedkin to to buy us out and sell him back for £5mil.
Sorting out our PSR before even taking over, wouldn't complain at that..
Buy for 80m then loan back gratis. if chelsea can buy and sell their hotels between themselves then this is kosher

Currently I think I would lean Friedkin. Although MSP would be close as well.

I just think I get the most assurance from Friedkin from the options. His finances would land us right on around the edge of the top 10 in the prem from
my 15 minute google search lol. He has a very diverse portfolio so connects in terms of sponsorships and or leveraging the profits for the new stadium seem in his wheelhouse. But most importantly his reputation at Roma seems...well fine. Been scanning through Roma forums and most seem content. They say he isn't overbearing, has spent reasonably but is also willing to make tough choices.

I could be wrong but none of these are endless pockets crazy wealth options. Signing up for a not crazy overbearing involved owner who has at least demonstrated to be able to run a club competently, whose money is at least in the top half of the league seems like a steady pair of hands.

My main concern would be him balancing out both assets. Who would have priority or if one becomes more of a feeder for another would worry me, but I see I think the least risk with him. MSP I think has a lot going for it aswell. They are already in the building have a multi club model and other sports ventures and maybe most of all are in the best position to clear our hands of anything outstanding. But a venture group makes me a little wary along with the actual amount of dollars at the groups disposal.

Good post.

On the topic of transfers I reckon if you put together an all time bad PL transfers 11, we’d definitely be the club with the most players, if not have a majority outright.

Think about it, Niasse / Tosun, Gbamin, Bolasie all get in basically automatically, then there’s huge cases for other players like Delph, Sandro, Klaasen and many others. Lower fees might save some in the hypothetical argument maybe.

It is scary though when you think of what dross we’ve brought in, many of those scouts and all that are probably still at the club too. We can’t risk any more silly money, Maupay there is looking very recent as an example. Need to see a massive improvement in the players we identify and buy.
Dont include our sweet prince Niasse in that.

Many may not remember that "the lucky one" scored 12 goals for us in his 1646 minutes of play. He scored once every 137 minutes that he played for Everton.

If we need to sell branthwaite now for psr, i sure hope onana has a great euros to flog him for top money. There would be enough funds left over for a few good players then.

On the topic of transfers I reckon if you put together an all time bad PL transfers 11, we’d definitely be the club with the most players, if not have a majority outright.

Think about it, Niasse / Tosun, Gbamin, Bolasie all get in basically automatically, then there’s huge cases for other players like Delph, Sandro, Klaasen and many others. Lower fees might save some in the hypothetical argument maybe.

It is scary though when you think of what dross we’ve brought in, many of those scouts and all that are probably still at the club too. We can’t risk any more silly money, Maupay there is looking very recent as an example. Need to see a massive improvement in the players we identify and buy.
Sancho, Anthony, Nunez Fofana, Kepa, Ndombele, Di Maria, Keita, Nunez, Morata, Mount, Tonali, Fred, Heller, Chilwell, Mendy, Phillips, Veron, Shevcenko, Mangala, Benteke, Aquillani

Many may not remember that "the lucky one" scored 12 goals for us in his 1646 minutes of play. He scored once every 137 minutes that he played for Everton.
Of all the bad transfer we have made, he is well down the list. Had one of the best goals per minutes rates in the league in that Koeman season when he didn’t even have a locker.

May not have been technical, but he knew where to be and he did score a couple of crackers.

Of all the bad transfer we have made, he is well down the list. Had one of the best goals per minutes rates in the league in that Koeman season when he didn’t even have a locker.

May not have been technical, but he knew where to be and he did score a couple of crackers.
Better than Beto & Rondon

And the brace in that come from behind win against Bournemouth could well have stopped us going into free fall that season.

But everyone literally bounced off his nose/arse/shoulder. They all count, I know but he was so far out of his depth.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back