Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Would feel alot better if we can get rhe money for onana and dobbin i would be more confident
If it is 103M we need to meet PSR (the figure matty reckons we need to meet) we may need to sell another couple of players to cover it especially if we don’t get the figure we want for Brainthwaite.

Would feel alot better if we can get rhe money for onana and dobbin i would be more confident

Just on Onana, this Iroegbunam signing would be really great if we were holding onto Onana for another season.

He looks Onana-light to me and could be the ideal young player to develop behind Onana to replace in future and also able to provide a similar style as a rotation player.

I just hope that the Camara at Metz rumour is true as he looks to be the most exciting link of the summer and we were linked before.

I dont think PSR will be an issue with the much bigger Castore deal + the Dobbin sale. If we can sell DCL and Godfrey for decent amounts i think our available transfer funds + PSR position would be very interesting.

Just on Onana, this Iroegbunam signing would be really great if we were holding onto Onana for another season.

He looks Onana-light to me and could be the ideal young player to develop behind Onana to replace in future and also able to provide a similar style as a rotation player.

I just hope that the Camara at Metz rumour is true as he looks to be the most exciting link of the summer and we were linked before.

I dont think PSR will be an issue with the much bigger Castore deal + the Dobbin sale. If we can sell DCL and Godfrey for decent amounts i think our available transfer funds + PSR position would be very interesting.
Onana is off i am sure do you think we would be after camara or somebody with more experience . I still hope that we can get dcl to a new contract . I dont really want to be looking for a new cf this window, i want the lad ndiaye with another two wide players. So we have an attack to rotate when players off form

Because you have said you'd expect us to keep hold of him next summer

Ahh no :) im saying those 10 are out of contract next summer (+Young when he extends). Of those 10 we should look to sell the top 6 this summer as the bottom 4 we'll probably keep (until their contracts expire next summer).

Onana is off i am sure do you think we would be after camara or somebody with more experience . I still hope that we can get dcl to a new contract . I dont really want to be looking for a new cf this window, i want the lad ndiaye with another two wide players. So we have an attack to rotate when players off form

I think the Roma strategy has changed to being focused on younger players. Im sure Thelwell has been trying to do the same but hasnt has the cash.

So the links to midfielders have been:
Tim Iroegbunam (Villa)
Edoardo Bove (Roma)
Lamine Camara (Metz)
Aster Vranckx (Wolfsberg)
Alex Robertoson (City)
Arthur Melo (Juventus)
Iliman Ndiaye (Marseille)
Wilfried Ndidi (Leicester)

Of those players, only Melo (27), Ndiaye (24) Ndidi (27) are over 22.

At this moment it looks like we'll have Gana, Doucoure, Garner and Iroegbunam in our squad for next ssason.

Working on that basis:
-How much can Gana be relied upon?
--Will Iroegbunam go on loan?
--Might a Saudi side he in for Doucoure/Gana?

I think if we signed Melo and Ndidi and both were not injured during the season then we'd have a really good pairing compared to most. But they both have injury concerns.

If we went the other way and signed Camara and Bove then we could be seeing the beginning of a long term partnership that perhaps complements a new strategy.

Its interesting to see which way we go.

What is source on this rumour? Been out of the loop for the last week.
Very bad source.

We have been linked with around 20 players so far this window, the majority will be click bait made up stories.

Everton want to sign FC Metz midfielder Lamine Camara in a deal worth £8.4million this summer, according to Jeunes Footeux.

Writing on their website (18 June), the French news outlet report that the Toffees are keen to sign the Senegal international after Metz were relegated to Ligue 2 in the 2023/24 season.

Very bad source.

We have been linked with around 20 players so far this window, the majority will be click bait made up stories.

we have no money but linked to loads

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back